Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Video size in podcasts

You can currently only choose between a small video size and full screen.

I wish you could stretch the video to the rest of the window, as the rest of it is really a waste of space. Full screen would be alright but then I can't do anything else with that screen.

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that resizing the podcast videos is now available on Desktop.  You can do this by hovering the mouse over the corner of the video and then clicking  and dragging to adjust it to your preference.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-09-01

Hey @sirSlani,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Benjigogo

I also find this "either small or fullscreen" view extremely annoying and limiting for podcast video. I work with two screens and usually have a youtube podcast going on half of the second screen so I can still use the other half for work.  I want to be able to scale the video to the size I want it to be like I can do with youtube theater mode. This is a MUST!!

JJalonen

I kinda though that free floating video window would be a no-brainer nowadays. I have pretty much always two or three windows open in my screen. Please, fix this asap.

jonnythesaint

100% agree with the comments above, I use the exact same two-screen set up with YouTube on the side. Spotify provides a dramatically reduced service from the YouTube experience - and I'm being charged a premium for it!??

kyd462

100% agree! This design is terrible. 
Nearly every other video platform has 3 options: default (not ridiculously tiny), large, full-screen.
And each option resizes the page elements based on screen size. This is standard stuff.
Many people split their desktops while working. One side has their work, the other side has youtube, netflix, etc...

No one is watching that comically tiny little video in the most awkward placement imaginable.

mbradstreet

The new intermediate size is also too small. The intermediate size should be able to to be sized in proportion to the size of the spotify window or sized to take up half of the spotify app window if size cannot be adjusted. Ideally, the video window could be popped out and sized separately to user's taste.

I don't quite understand why this has been so difficult to implement a user controlled experience. The more control you offer to match or better Youtube user control the more views and subscribers you'll get. Also, with JRE, users miss the comments section.

WilliamBoshoff

Yes please do this! This is REALLY annoying. 

seanjulander

yeah their looking into it. and SPOTIFY SUCKS D i k 4 coke a REGULAR 12 OZ. COKE. they can invest in BRAINZ, but they cant invest in changing anything cuz SPOTIFY SUCKS D i k 4 coke a REGULAR 12 OZ. COKE

radiobajesus

I love seeing others recognize this serious shortfall in Spotify video viewing. 

I find it annoying that @SirSlani's original comment needs a "necessary number of votes" to implement. Are you effing kidding me? How much overhead could possibly be added to the code to allow for variable window sizing or a tear off viewing window. Who would oppose such a basic, expected level of viewing OPTION?

mattpierno

+1.  I can't add anything that hasn't been said.  First time watching JRE on spotify and I was very surprised to see only tiny screen or full screen options available! So much empty black space on the screen.  Would be nice to look something like the original JRE experience on Youtube.