[Desktop] View all Tracks among Playlist Folders

In previous versions you could click on a playlist-folder in the left hand pane and see all songs that are included in child-playlists of that folder. You were able to select songs from all of the playlists included in that folder and add them to another playlist or the queue. 

Now you only can go through every child-playlist of that folder and search songs there and it's also not possible anymore to create a playlist-radio for the whole folder.

I used to have a playlist-folder with genre-playlists of music I really like. I could decide whether I'd like to listen to music from a single genre or from all of the genres I like. I know you can still play the whole playlist-folder but you can't just start with your favorite song or browse all the songs included in all child-playlists anymore because there is no list.

Please bring this feature back or at least give us the choice of how we want playlist-folders to be displayed.

Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being. However, we're continuing to bring your feedback to teams internally every week. If there's an update on this decision we will let you know here, thanks everyone.

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being. However, we're continuing to bring your feedback to teams internally every week. If there's an update on this decision we will let you know here, thanks everyone.

boneshj

Well this and the choose current playlist (and other removed features) confirms that I'm rolling it back.  I think it may well be time to try out Tidal now that it is a month long trial instead of a week. 

The playlist options and the better desktop application (pre-update) were the primary reasons I keep spotify as I prefer Rdio for music discovery and new music by artists I enjoy.  With the playlist options falling apart, there is less benefit to Spotify.  Hopefully Tidal can find a way to bridge the gap and give me a single source for streaming music.

Schnitzelspecht
Casual Listener

wow...

i just saw that not only my suggestion but a number of other "bring back" suggestions got the "not right now" status as well.

what is wrong with reimplementing a good feature that has been in the old version for ages? i think you guys forget that you build this application for us, the community! we should be happy with it. and that's not possible for a lot of people atm without keeping spotify from upgrading.

i guess you will not let us use that workaround that keeps spotify from upgrading for forever. so, at some point in the future you're taking away the spotify we like. i guess i should better start looking for another streaming service or go back to buy the songs i like.

i will also see if i can contact some bloggers to update their communities so that everybody knows that the bad version of spotify will stay.

i'm really disappointed.

KNyhuus
Casual Listener

Chill guys.. 

Although I really really want this feature back, there is probably a reason for them not to update this right away..

"i think you guys forget that you build this application for us, the community! we should be happy with it. and that's not possible for a lot of people atm without keeping spotify from upgrading."

It's not like they just sit around, ignoring every suggestion that their users bring to them.

They are most likely working on satisfying other users wishes right now.

Please try to stop being so narrow minded :-) 

Schnitzelspecht
Casual Listener

if there is a reason why this feature isn't going to go into the new version, they should tell us. 

i mean, this feature was already in the old version, as well as other features that users asked to be brought back which also got the "not right now" status. they basically crippled the userinterface in the new version, which upset the community and now they're just dropping all those rollback-suggestions with "not right now" and no specific statement about why it's not coming back.

(and yes, i know there are some few rollback-suggestions that have the status "good idea, give it some kudos" and also the "specify caching location" even has "watch this place" - but the majority of those features has "not right now" which is kind of a final status)

for me, and i guess for others as well, spotify loses a lot of its advantages with the new version. i'd like to stick with spotify but i can't if i'm forced to use the new version.

i'm not narrow-minded. i can imagine they are working on something right now. but they disappointed a big chunk of their community with the update and they're not really telling us why and IMO that's bad.

edit: oh, and to base my opinion on something, they closed a bunch of those rollback-requests on 2015-04-14 with the same status update:
"Hey folks, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now'. Please continue to leave your feedback here as we are continuing to bring your comments back to the teams at Spotify HQ. Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your ideas."

i worked in a support department of an it service provider myself, and this is the kind of thing you do to tickets that are open for a while without any results, hoping that the customer will not reopen it or something. i commented here to show that this "idea" is still demanded.

hbrtm
Casual Listener

Ofcourse, it is still demanded! It is so bad that we can't use it now...

Brint it back Spotify! 

BTW Is there any way to install older version of Spotify? 

Schnitzelspecht
Casual Listener

yes, there is one. i wrote about it on page 1 or 2. download an older setup file of spotify and then set write protection to a specific file in app data afaik. look for my other post for more information.

WillDWhite

Adding my name to the list.

Why are you removing functionality with upgrades?

kid_modular

Totally agree with everything that has been said above. I want this featured returned! I am also a DJ and found this feature very useful. I organinze by year, and within each year there are folders representing each month - containing album releases from that month. This update makes it very difficult to find and view tracks quickly. 

PLEASE, i beg you to add this feature back. There should at lease be an option to change views within folders. 

StevenR
Roadie

This is another thing which could have been made an option. They already have the option on artist pages to switch between album and list view, something like that would be good for playlist folders.

There are some situations where I actually prefer the new playlist thumbnail view, but other situations where I would prefer to have a list view and an option like that could possibly be the best of both worlds.