Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
malibu35072

The main feature Spotify has over the competition is its quite good at finding me music *I* like.   A dislike function is essential there are songs and artists that are completely wrong or hated. 

It also leaves me fear that the removal of a dislike button is a prelude to Spotify starting to take money in exchange for shoving "top 100" artists down our throats.  Sorry I will NEVER be a Billie Ellish fan. 

I've been a happy customer for years, but if I lose the ability to control so I find what music I like, this is going to be a problem. 

punknkat

I need the dislike button back. Even if it is to remove just 1 song. "Bottom of a Bottle" by Smile Empty Soul.. It is literally the bane of my existence and should be banned from the world. It is that horrible. I cringe every damn time. 

I've been a paying customer for OVER 3 years, and if Spotify does ANYTHING to listen to their customers, let it be bring back the dislike/remove option. 

LosTigerosPL

Please bring back dislike button, I can't remove some stupid songs that I don't like at all in my Daily Mixes...

nocho895

The more songs we dislike play on our daily mixes (when we are unable or uninterested in skipping them), the more spotify will think we like them and continue to play these and similar songs.  It is a vicious cycle! 

alexcon

It's weird that the number of votes needed (500) is fixed and not proportionate to, for example, the active and voting user base. I would  hope this number was originally based on that. There aren't as many idea threads as I expected with >500 votes and I wonder if it is a waning user-base?

gevans7993

YES!

yes please bring it back.. why did you remove it in the first place???

8xkufy-_cdeqm

In my current playlist there are songs from the album "I want you to worship **bleep**" from the band "Kings **bleep**". I don't know why they are there, but I really don't want to listen to them. And I want spotify to know that they should not suggest me this song again. So a hide/dislike feature would be very useful for me.

8xkufy-_cdeqm

Ok. So spotify even censors the word. But I have to listen to the whole song?! Wow.

myrdhinn

How many votes does it take to get your attention? Most people don't even realize they have the option of voting on this issue. I've been wondering for a while why the 'remove song' function was disabled -- it was one of the features that I liked about these playlists, i.e., the ability to control what songs I'm hearing -- finally I did a google search and found this forum. Why was it taken away -- did a bunch of people complain about having the ability to curate their own music? How many votes did it take to get you to disable it? Are you really listening to us or just jerking us around?

p.s. just now a song came on my playlist that I really don't like, but instead of being able to get rid of it, I have to assume the alogrithm is going to keep feeding me more songs like that which I will also not like.