Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
cali_golds

I mean come on Spotify. You can't just mark this as a good idea and leave it at that. This has been going on for 2 years now and I still don't see any changes and yet more and more people requesting the dislike button. If you actually listen to your users then this would have been implemented back ages ago

illya

Nah, they want us to listen to music we dislike, maybe so we decide we hate music and listen to podcasts we dislike instead, and then we realize that there is only things we dislike, and the thing we dislike most is Spotify, so we pay them money to make us hate them even more.

mhart27

Face it folks, the labels have deeper pockets than the listeners.  It may have been about the listener's experience in the beginning, but now it's all about the scratch.

ethelred07

This is some long ass time for something that was already there🤣

icesunrise

Please, get this stuff done!

AC1082

This was 100% removed to please the Labels. It's like forcing ads on us. Labels don't want people to avoid listening to songs their artists make even if we hate it.

chijonutor

I can't believe it is over a year and a tiny button cannot be added to the interface. Speaks for itself.

miskeuk

Today is 14.05.2021 and still there is no Daily Mix dislike button on Mac Desktop app. Is Spotify deaf to their users' needs?

Armand

I hate my daily mixes, they have turned to utter **bleep**

mkaminski

Dear Spotify,

PLEASE GIVE THIS BACK TO US!
I really like the daily mix feature and the exposure it brings to new/different artists adjacent to "known-good" artists, but we really need a mechanism to help us train the recommendations engine. It can't be only "liked" music or nothing, it's just flat out infuriating to have a daily mix with 50% duds that we can't groom out. Even Pandora gives us this option. Do you all want us to cancel our subscriptions in favor of a competitor? It sure seems like it.

I've been a premium subscriber for years and years. I love your service, I know the song/artist remove feature was removed a long while ago, I've tried to ignore how obnoxious this has made the daily mixes but it's just gotten worse and worse with playlist poisoning and it's demoralizing that y'all seem to be flat out ignoring the community on this issue. I don't really want to swap my sub to Pandora, but if that's the only way I can get the benefits of a generated playlist with the new artist recommendations and the ability to train those suggestions I guess that's pretty much going to be the end of my love affair with your product. It's a shame.

Mike