Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
nikissleeping

I think there are about 50 threads in which users discuss needing a desktop dislike/hide button. Fix this already. 

SpookyBerlin

I have the same problem. Just today the button was also removed on the Windows app.  Here then at Daily Drive also no longer a way to control the song that you do NOT want to hear. Now I have to listen to the **bleep** always, although the algorithm should no longer show me such tracks! 

cplager

Spotify,

How *(#$ing stupid do you guys have to be to have

• Removed the working feature from desktop client, and
  • NOT restored after 3 years and 10 pages of comments.

Seriously, what is WRONG with you people?

Ok.

Since Spotify clearly doesn't bother to read or listen to their customers, let me ask this:
What streaming service should I switch to?

djec99

Recent recommendations  , also from Spotify staff suggesting using "don't play this" on artist page, has amplified my problem , as the function doesn't exist on mobile.

Now I'm getting recommendations to artists I don't like, as I went to their artist page with intent of blocking them being recommended.  Now Spotify apparently has impression I like the artist as I was back on the artist page half dozen times trying to block them.  

Not fun!

shaddaran

Already almost a year since Spotify has "taken in account" our wishes... how long does it take to put back an already developed feature ? (answer from an IT guy : a few days at best)

Why in the world remove it in the first place anyway ? As I see it, its a crucial function for a service as yours ; for - I believe - you want to make money out of us, so providing the most fitting music. 

In the meantime, just listening less and less to my daily mixes and other similar functions for it is always filled with c**p that has NOTHING to do in the least with my musical taste... having to tab back every 2min to skip 1, 2, 3 or 10 songs before getting back something good is really production- (and zen-) disruptive ! (plus they end up coming back in the next daily mix since you just skip them not ban them)

The idea of it as I see it is for us to enjoy a themed mix of artists/songs we like with some new to discover... when I get some mishaps such as similar artists that we can end up not liking... why do I get rap in my jazzy mix ? (oh and if you wonder, I NEVER listen rap music, so there is no way this can be based on my previous listening).

So, yeah I can listen an artist alone (whish is what I do most of the time given the crappy mixes) but shouldn't we get adequate service and features from a product we monthly pay rather than having to limit our use to avoid annoyance ?

RobinTmomof3

Dear Spotify, get it together! You have so many people asking for a "DISLIKE" button to be added since 2019. However, you keep saying,  "We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify. "

It's now 2022, how long does it take? SERIOUSLY?

Where is this at? This damn thread has been open for three years. Come on Spotify, you've got to be better than this.

Otolemur_Monteiri

And another 2 months passes. Still no action on this

EowynCarter

Hello spotify, any news here ?

Johsnon

😴😴😴

I also subscribed and bookmarked this here.

🤞