Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Wrapped] Allow us to see Wrapped on PC.

We used to be able to see it on PC. Why would you take it away?

EDIT: 1 year later, wrapped is out and once again is not available on pc. We are forced to use the mobile version (that if the app doesn't crash when you open wrapped).  

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
st753m

Please just let us use our computers.  I even tried downloading the app on my phone just for this, but after looking around for over an hour there's no way to access it because my phone is too old.  Obviously, I deleted it afterwards, because the app is useless. 

Spotify is a good site on the computer where I actually listen to music.  It doesn't need an app.  It shouldn't push the app on people who don't use their phones, or don't have phones. 

slug_camargo

So they made an embarrassing mess of the desktop app for the sake of using a shared codebase across all clients, and now things that used to work on all clients are limited to a single one. It's a thing of beauty, really.

Hey Spotify! You do know that when people use the term "code monkeys" they're not telling you to literally hire actual monkeys to write the code, right?

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-13

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

molhemalaa

I don't even like phones as they offer no privacy at all, I feel injustice here

aaron555

Agree totally, app works fine on both my ancient phone and ancient tablet for everything... EXCEPT wrapped which crashes every time.

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Inudesu

Great idea! I love Wrapped, but I can't see it on my phone because it's not worth updating and ruining My Library. The version I have still has the "static" tabs for podcasts and music and I don't want to mess that up, but of course Wrapped and similar features only work on the newest versions (which is fair). I'm much less picky about the desktop version, and don't mind the updates running there to the latest version.

kgwillems

You didn't feel like implementing this then, Spotify? Brill.
"2022 Wrapped is here. But it's only available in the Spotify mobile app. Download it now to join in the fun.""2022 Wrapped is here. But it's only available in the Spotify mobile app. Download it now to join in the fun."

ChongoTheXXIII

So much for live idea...

jollysunflora

It would be nice if they remembered this...