Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] spotify stat genre info

I am fascinated by my Spotify stats and in particular the large number of genres I apparently listen to. What I would really like to do though is click on a genre and see which songs I have been listening to that fall under that category. As it is now there is no good way to do that.  

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

KeyboardKrull

You can do this with a Last.fm account. There is an option in settings to enable. The free account allows insight into your most listened to genres, artists, time of day, time of week and what percentage of your listening are new discoveries. The paid account offers a little more but I find free to be completely adequate.

Last.Fm can also be connected to other services/players including web browsers with extensions/plugins to report to your account.

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! I usually look up tracks that I’ve been listening to on Spotify via my Last.fm profile (or sometimes, searching for the albums they’re from on the Rate Your Music website) to get an idea of what genres they can be categorized into. However, the ability to see what genres Spotify classifies these tracks into would be more convenient, and could serve as an additional resource when assigning songs to genre-themed playlists.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-23

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

westonslavin

Love this idea, I’m surprised Spotify doesn’t make the data available especially because it is tracked for Spotify wrapped 

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

emmasaberhagen

Awesome, I loved seeing the stats but it was a bit complicated to do testflight, spotify stats, then upload files. . . 🙂 Would love to get more spotify stats, more easily, genres, artists, everything me... It's fun! To know when you found "That" artist that would change your life. ❤️ Love this. And that Spotify will work on it! YAY!

scarletvvitch

I see this a live idea and I hope it goes through but for anyone visiting this thread and wanting an immediate fix check out these websites: Stats for Spotify and Volt.fm