[Developer] API - Play and pause after X milliseconds

Please add an extra optional parameter, 'pause_after_ms', to the API endpoint '/me/player/play'.
The value should, if set, tell the player to pause after playing X milliseconds.
If the parameter 'position_ms' is set, the pause should be X milliseconds after the 'position_ms'.

I need this functionality when creating a music quiz, where the contestants should only listen to a short part of a song. Currently I have to make two API calls for the same functionality, which makes a precise timing impossible.

Updated on 2022-05-22

Hello @Klinting

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. Also, we've updated the title of your idea so that other users can find it easier.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
OscarDC
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-05-22

Hello @Klinting

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. Also, we've updated the title of your idea so that other users can find it easier.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!