Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disability Concession for disabled people

I do notice that there is not enough kudos for this topic.    Are you sure?  
I strongly believe that if you have discounts for students - able bodied in most senses- then physical and intellectually disabled people should receive the same concessions.

Monitoring the bona fide of this would not be hard.  The user would need to submit the details of their concession card.

I am writing this on behalf of my intellectually disabled sister who loves her music.  She has limited finances, and any financial discount helps her to access other things.

I just cannot believe in this age, that there is not enough “kudos” for this.   I’m sure the artist who get a token amount of money from Spotify would agree to monetary concessions to disabled people.
Spotify could do a great service to themselves and the community to concede to such an idea.   Don’t forget it is 2021.  
Get with the times please

Stan Kluzek.

Updated on 2021-12-02

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Taylortaylor

Yes I agree I think you should get a discount for disabled as it will help with many thing disability so as listening to music help to soothe people's moods and can also help with pain because if you are listening to music you relax more the more you relax the better you feel so some pains can be healed by just relaxing n listening to music plus if you can not sleep like me I listen to music to help me sleep I listen to music to help me relax n I also listen to music some I don't get depressed so music plays a big part in my life so yes I thing disabled people like me and many others should get a discount as not all people can afford  it 

They don’t care though. Spotify have not and will not change their pricing for anyone.

I’m regretting being a subscriber now. I’m quitting and going to Apple Music. Cheaper.
DieselDoc

Being a Disabled veteran I can relate to this issue. Seems rather sad and shameful that one would have to ask or beg to get what students already enjoy. Best wise up Spotify if you enjoy our business as well. There are plenty others as well.

edithcn

I would like to give my vote. Its not possible for me to do it. Please give one vote from me

DieselDoc
Thanks for the support. Much appreciated.
KenF14
I'm in almost the same boat but just newly disabled with suddenly a lot of time on my hands that I can't do anything physically or financially about. Loving music I started looking at ways to find all the older and newer music I love and was discouraged that there wasnt understanding of our situation or consideration that 10+ dollars a month is just impossible in our situation. I wish it wasn't but we're at a point where we have so much time to really be a part of something like this and thought I'd bring it up in the post a couple hours ago. I'm weirdly glad there's already someone who understands this. Good luck to you with everything. Btw I was told if we can get 100 votes within a month on this, Spotify will look at it closer. Both sides would be winners on this but we need to get it in front of them to even spark the thought it's something to do.
KenF14

Wow I just read all the posts above mine after I posted. New at this and didn't see them. Anyway I was just approved for disability and will be getting first check this month. This is first thing I've asked about out in the world and really hope not all companies are like that. I'm not and have never asked for anything from anyone for free and felt a bit weird asking today. But I guess this is the life I've been delt and idk if your in our shoes you/I guess hoped businesses would understand were wanting to give them money but can't give that much without stopping eating or medications or heat and electricity to power whatever were using for Spotify. Good luck to everyone of you. Stay as, strong as possible I trully feel your pain and frustration. 

DieselDoc
Well welcome and I will thank you for your service even if Spotify will
not. Service connected disabilities are a fact of doing war. You take
good care and thanks for the support. Semper Fi
DieselDoc
One would certainly believe that a disabled veteran would be as worthy
as  student for a discount .. RIGHT ?
KenF14

Appreciated Diesel