Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disability Concession for disabled people

I do notice that there is not enough kudos for this topic.    Are you sure?  
I strongly believe that if you have discounts for students - able bodied in most senses- then physical and intellectually disabled people should receive the same concessions.

Monitoring the bona fide of this would not be hard.  The user would need to submit the details of their concession card.

I am writing this on behalf of my intellectually disabled sister who loves her music.  She has limited finances, and any financial discount helps her to access other things.

I just cannot believe in this age, that there is not enough “kudos” for this.   I’m sure the artist who get a token amount of money from Spotify would agree to monetary concessions to disabled people.
Spotify could do a great service to themselves and the community to concede to such an idea.   Don’t forget it is 2021.  
Get with the times please

Stan Kluzek.

Updated on 2021-12-02

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Ver
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-13

Hello everyone,

As this idea being submitted multiple times, we've decided to merge all similar ideas we were able to find into one and tally up their vote count.

You can keep voting for it and we'll follow up once it reaches the required vote count of 180 total votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Jstbrznby

This would be awesome, Ive been without TV for 2 years.  But, Ive been disabled for 20 yeaRS.  EVERYTHING IS A STRUGGLE, THANK YOU

FuriousStyles1

This might be tough to implement because people would definitely try to abuse it. Either they could have a loose policy and give everyone a discount that says they are disabled or they could have a strict policy and risk denying actual disabled people their discount. The former would cost the company a lot of money. The latter would lead to a lot of bad PR for Spotify. I don’t think every country uses concession cards. I googled what that is and all the results are from Australia. Not saying it shouldn’t happen but they would have to come up with a fair way to implement it. 

taranclan

i'm on AISH so a discount would be great

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

BrainBlow

This is a great idea! Supported!

BeezekeRonny

Her zou een héél goede zaak zijn moest Spotify personen die een European Disability Card hebben ook via Spotify enige tegemoetkoming in de abonnementskosten kunnen krijgen. Als persoon met een handicap heb je immers naast je lichamelijke of psychische beperkingen heel vaak hinder tengevolge financiële beperkingen. Zo is de realiteit vaak zo dat mensen met beperkingen afhankelijk zijn van een invaliditeitsuitkering dat ruim 60% lager is dan dat van een actief werkend persoon met gemiddeld inkomen. Een invaliditeit is niet iets dat je wenst maar iets dat je ondergaat terwijl je ook moet aanvaarden dat je geconfronteerd wordt met extra hoge kosten aan gezongdheizorgen. Hopelijk kan Spotify hier in helpen door een EDC kaart eventueel ook te aanvaarden met het oog op een korting op de abonnementskosten.

Lostcowboy

Hi, I am 64 years of age, I also became disabled in 1996, which means I don't get much from social security. I current am registered as Free which means that I get to hear ads. Currently, I can't see paying for Spotify. Maybe if I got a discount I would pay.

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-12-02

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.