[Discover] Discover Weekly "Like" shouldn't add to "Liked Songs"

Hi,

I love the Discover Weekly playlist and try to interact with the Like and Don't Like buttons as much as possible to better inform the Spotify Algorithms. It is slightly annoying, however, that the "Like" button is the same button that can be found on any song which will add it to your "Liked Songs" playlist. It would be better if you could go through and react to each song in your discover weekly to indicate if you like it or not without that affecting your playlists.

As it stands, I withhold from "Liking" some songs that I would want Spotify to continue suggesting in my Discover Weekly as I don't want them to appear in my "Liked Songs' playlist which I listen to somewhat frequently.

My suggestion would be for a slight improvement to the Discover Weekly liking and disliking system such that this is a stand alone system with no impact other than informing suggested sogs for your Discover Weekly playlist.

Updated on 2020-01-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
MusicWar

I would also like what OP wants and a little bit more. I thought of adding the following to a separate thread, but I thought it would be better addressed in the same thread.

I'm unable to delete songs from Discover Weekly playlist that is catered towards me (NOT the public playlist). Please allow the option to delete songs from the playlist and give more weightage to remove similar kind of songs from the future discover weekly. Some are just awful songs that I just don't like and every single time I have to create a new playlist to dump tracks I like into it. Otherwise I do encounter some really good songs which I would like to keep being delivered.

Same as what OP mentioned : Also please allow to vote on the songs (like and dislike) provided in Discover weekly so you can use that and provide me better songs in the next weekly playlist. This is something I use a lot to find new music every week and I would appreciate if you could deliver this functionality.

I'm not sure how you figure out what to deliver on Discover weekly, but it would be nice to also use songs (heart button) I have liked that get dropped into my liked playlist to feed into the type of tracks that is delivered into my discover weekly playlist. It doesn't necessarily have to be songs that I "heart" from discover weekly playlist. Also, give the recent ones more weightage than other tracks I listen to or listened to earlier. Currently it doesn't seem like it is getting weighted a lot into my Discover weekly playlist from the type of songs I'm getting every week. The algorithm does have a lot of scope for improvement.

jamesgower72
Casual Listener

Hi MusicWar,

Have you noticed the symbol that appears on the opposite side to the "heart" button on discover Weekly?

Clicking this will remove that song from the playlist and a pop up is displayed saying that they will try not to suggest songs like that for you in the future.

Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 19.03.13.pngIf this isn't what you meant then just ignore me but I find that button to be useful for the task you suggested.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

KingMort

I agree 100% with this. I have a separate playlist for all my favourite songs and would like to be able to 'like' songs without them being added to a playlist. 

FuriousStyles1
Casual Listener

If hitting the heart did anything other than add to liked songs, then there would be no option to add to liked songs at all.

MusicWar

jamesgower72

I never noticed that. I think that is purely on the Desktop app. Unfortunately Spotify app is disabled for download on my office machine, so I use the web player. The web player doesn't seem to have the option. In any case, thanks for pointing that out.