Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Exclude selected Playlists from Taste Profile and Discover Suggestions

I play music off Spotify for my bubba to fall asleep to. This is typically classical/meditative relaxing style tracks. Since she sleeps 4 times a day this type of music is getting a LOT of playtime but is not representative of my music taste. I'm finding my Discover Weekly (which I LOVE by the way) is moving more away from my music and more towards the classical/chill out stuff I play for the little one. 

Would be super cool to be able to mark a playlist to exclude it from the Discover algorithm.

Thanks!

Updated on 2023-02-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Exclude from Taste Profile feature is now available on all platforms. There's more info about the topic in our Newsroom Article. 

If you'd like to give it a try right now, follow the steps below:

1. Select the playlist of your choice. 
  2. Tap the three dots near the top of the playlist.
  3. Select “Exclude from your Taste Profile.”

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community 🙂 

Comments
Therealticey

It is amazing that Spotify have shelved implementing this absolutely vital feature.  All auto generated playlists get trashed because it is not available.  

Can we raise a new idea to get it back on the agenda?????

Therealticey

Everyone bombard @spotifycares and @spotifyuk, that might work because posting on this forum seems to do F ALL

behindXgrnXeyes

While private sessions are great, when interacting with a smart device, such as Google Home, you can not trigger a private session. I use one in my sons room to trigger his night time music and that is ALL spotify things I listen to (makes sense, every night for 4 hours this thing plays)

A "exclude playlist" from data would make MUCH more sense as it could be done on the account level. 

Therealticey

Quite a few people have mentioned the same thing.  Spotify obviously just don’t give a toss and have shelved the idea.  Useles

Therealticey

@SpotifyCares have responded to say they will look into it.

Watch this space...…..

JSilva112

I have been having the exact same issue! My Discover Weekly and other recommendations are completely thrown off, and I don't want to have to dig through my app settings to find the well-hidden "Private Session" button when it's late and I'm literally trying to fall asleep. If this could be a toggle stitch right on the playlist this would be really convenient and easy, but their response seems to be a bit of a cop-out.

Two_tunes

I need this as it's the #1 reason I don't use Spotify to listen to meditative or sleep soundtracks. So you lose out on my user l usage ro the competition. 

zardozislove

I don't see using Private Session as a viable option in certain cases. For instance, I have a playlist that I sleep to every night. The Private Session only lasts for 6 hours. As it stands now, I only get suggestions for ambient music every week.  Why can an option not be added to just Exclude Playlist from having any bearing on my suggestions.

Therealticey

Absolutely awful customer service.  They put in features for your dog to listen to music but don’t care about their users