Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
awari

@Goodman 

Hi, this idea since 2012, it's VERY good, look at it please.

yivs

Just tried submitting this as well. I was just thinking about how incredible this would be. 

tirzaja

I need this! Besides allowing users to discover more (unknown) playlists that are out there, this function could also be really practical for creators. For example when selecting background music for a video project or searching for the perfect song to perform. 

WolfenShadow

I agree wholeheartedly. Discovering new music is difficult, especially when you have more niche musical tastes. Being able to find other people's playlists like this would help tremendously. I would love to plug in all the different songs I love and browse. 

4-TRAY

You have 2 keep going 

StevieCarter

I believe that there should be the option (from each song's three button menu) to find all playlists that have been created by Spotify that include that song. This is kind of like a very accurate "Go to song radio" that can bring new music to users.

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-30

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You might also want to leave a +Vote on this idea as it sounds related your suggestion.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

orangesherbet0

If Spotify won't do it, offer an API so others can do it. This is low hanging fruit. Spotify's limited features in pursuit of aesthetic simplicity is poor design.

kazoou

Why isn't this a feature yet? Seems like a pretty obvious discoverability method for adjacent music that should be available to users.

cedric888

I've not read through all the comments but you can do it using google a google search e.g:

Search for Take up Thy Stethoscope by Pink Floyd