Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
Heyitslaura

I wish Spotify allowed you to search for playlists that contain a certain song or musician. Algorithms are fine and I'm grateful for them, but human curation is fantastic, too. One cannot replace the other; you will eventually need both to reign in this space, long-term. And right now it's the thing I like least about Spotify: Not enough celebration of how amazing human curation can be.

I'm disappointed to see that this request is 7 years old and this function has still not been implemented. Any chance of revisiting it, Spotify staff?

TimeAmpala

The fact that this idea has been collecting votes for 7 years by thousands of users and is one of the most requested functions for the platform while the Spotify team insists on pretending like no one wants it or it's not something that should be implemented, when it should, is absolutely baffling to me as an absurd case of a brand not caring at all about what its users want. They consistently implement minor functions that few people ask for, but when it's something that people would really love and something that completely makes sense for a service like Spotify, they start acting blind and oblivious to the demand. Ridiculous!

Dave127

Los morones de DURANGO 

TimeAmpala

*nevermind, please delete*

cschmidt0121

This would make Spotify an even better platform for discovering new music. This is already one of your strengths - play to it!

Kartenhouse

Yes!! I would definitely use that feature so often!! Please, Spotify, integrate that feature! I love to listen to the songs that other people add around the songs I love 🙂 

samm91

Spotify how about you pull your finger out and actually start implementing some of these great ideas?

Jounior

Agreed! Any update?

Nickelmedia

Seeing as how this was requested 7 years ago, are we to assume it's never coming?