Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
eointpayne

Updated on 2017-10-25 .. still nothing? I've noticed this a lot with spotify, nothing ever really gets addressed, like that bug that deleted all of peoples downloaded music. Years ago reported, still happening.

HungryEars

I didn't see this suggestion when I entered a similar one a couple days ago.  Looks like it's still not on the implementation list.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Playlists-Playlist-Finder/idi-p/4708985

gismay

Hi... Unsure if there is a newer post than this...

But.. the ultimate implementation provides search results based on match to 1 to many songs... And the easiest implementation would be via matching playlists

For example:

Add song 1 to playlist .. right click on playlist and choose "find similar"... With only one song there will likely be quite a few

Add song 2... "Find similar" etc... 

gfaessler

Come On Spotify, this request has now 7 years, 2716 kudos and still no answer.. Take into account your users, they know what they need ! 

I have the feeling that Spotify wants to control what people listen for commercial reasons and this is why they don't want to allow the community to share and discover music through playlists.

None advanced AI algorithm or machine learning technique will we be able to understand people tastes, make great playlists and build a strong community as your users themselves ! Let them do this work and it will become an appreciated feature on your platform

If no improvement is done I will move to another platform which believes more in their users instead of their algorithms.. 

jrtexas

Come on make this happen. Can’t be that hard. 

twinklehood
I really don't think it's about forcing certain music, I think it's just
that indexing playlists by song is not a cheap operation, and 2k users who
are still mostly here after 7 years arent a great business opportunity 🙂
MikeNicMusic

I guess they are still working on this. I think it would be a great feature, especially for those of us who use spotify as a tool to scope out potential playlists for artists that we are promoting and also to see what playlists are currently featuring our songs.

stopmopingstart

Yes! I would also love to be able to search my own playlists to see where I put a particular song.

TheProteanGirl

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS DANG IT

I_eonardo

Please, this would be such a good feature