Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
johana95

YES We need this! honestly it will be so much easier to find new artist that you like based on a song you enjoy! or a playlist that sound similiar to that song!

djhawley

even needs ability to do title searches, and specificy multiple track id's or titles that should be in the playlist

Melchiorsmooth

An Idea that has been posted 3 years ago and still no answer from Spotify.

Soundcloud has this option for ages.

Sorry guys but you really suck on this one.

Why do you buid an idea community if you even don't look at it.

melvynb73

Come on Spotify, do this!

Foxasaurus

2nded, no, 3rded, no hang on... 327d'd.

It's a no-brainer.

adriandegar

Great idea. Very similar to seeing the user charts that contain a particular track on Beatport.

Isolder

How is this still not possible???

DD42

Definitely a must have. This would be a very efficient way to find playlists that match a given mood defined by a song. Currently I wander cliking dozens of playlists hoping to find what I want...

eetachi

This is by far my number one feature request. If this is not in progress yet, at least make it doable via your api.

xxescapeartist

C'mon Spotify!  This should be a no brainer.  Please make this a feature!