Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find similar Playlists to your own Playlist

I have a playlist of all of my favorite songs. Just from browsing around Spotify for a little I found a playlist that had about 70% of the songs in my playlist in it. I soon discovered that I loved the majority of the songs in this new playlist that I didn't already have in mine. I have discovered a lot of new music this way, but it is difficult and time consuming to find new playlist similar to mine.

I think it would be awesome to have the ability to discover new playlist that contain a lot of the same songs as my own playlist. This could be done with a "Search for Similar Playlists" feature that allows users to drag multiple songs or playlist into a search feature that locates playlists others have created that have a high percentage of similar songs in it. 

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hi everyone!

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists. 

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Craigzolezzi

An app called "playlit" does that exact same thing. Matches users to other user created playlists based on songs, you can import your spotify library.

Rzayd100

Great idea, everyone vote!!

Gadiguibou

I'd greatly appreciate this feature to be added to spotify

leolo

Still, I just doubt about pleasure of venturing and risking…

243Orange

Good idea!

how is this idea coming along?

I would love the same search please!!!

stephanemugisha

well said 

rythmn03

Agreed, I spend a lot of time trying to get this result.  This is exactly what I'm after.

DACAlbanyNY

I loved this feature when Danceage.com was working, maybe 12 years ago. I did discover lots of new interest from anonymous playlists - so rewarding - it's totally do-able. 

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hi everyone!

We're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Just as a heads up, be sure to check out the 'Create Similar Playlist' option on the Desktop and Mobile apps. You can find it by clicking the three dots on most playlists. 

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.