Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments
boudewijndanser

This would be great! And even better if they were sorted by month afterwords.

That way you can check out what came out in june this year by the bands you follow. 

MattSuda

@xuno_ch

Hello,

Blake is only in charge of updating ideas to "New Idea" if it is good to go and not already a duplicate idea.

Meredith is the one who changed it to good idea. When there is an update she will change it.

I hope Spotify will consider this feature. I think It would be really useful.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated: 2015-09-25

Hey folks! We're marking this as a "Good Idea" now that it has reached over 100 kudos. 

We want to hear your feedback on learning about new music from the artists you love and follow. We're passing this on to the right folks and as we get updates on this we'll let you know. Thanks!

Please know we're posting Spotify New Releases every Friday in the New Music Friday board. You can subscribe to the "Spotify New Releases" label here.

xuno_ch

@MattSuda thanks for the clarification.

I just wanted to get this idea on the community managers radar again which kind of worked.

Altough I don't quite understand why they marked it a "good idea" again.

In two weeks this idea is one year old and we haven't received a substantial answer from Spotify.

esco_1984
When will this be implemented on android? I'm surprised this isn't already a feature
NaviRetlav

Yes. We need it as top priority.

sickdimension

+1

MattSuda

Hey guys, I just found gold!

For a third party solution check out http://app.swarm.fm

MattSuda

@sickdimension @NaviRetlav @esco_1984 @xuno_ch

Hey guys, I just found gold!

For a third party solution check out http://app.swarm.fm

nathanielblevin
This needs to be addressed sooner than later. My biggest gripe is that I follow alot of artists that make remixes, or have new singles, or EP's released frequently. It seems that when I do receive notifications (which is rare), it's only for new albums for the most popular artists. I would like to see a new release feed for all albums, singles, EP's, and remixes for every artist I follow.