Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments

Many kudos for this third party solution here http://app.swarm.fm I'm using it daily. Wondered if there was a way to see all new releases of all the record labels I follow as well?

xuno_ch

Thank you @MattSuda! 🙂

AsiaticBlkMan

I would like to make one qualifying suggestion, because I am really into music, I think it would be really awesome if there was another section that simply listed every single new release on Spotify the instant it was released.  Unlike the current new releae section which seems to list only the realeses from the top artists, the section I am envisioning would simply list every new release from artists regardless of their popularity.

This differs from MattSuda's suggestion in that this section would not be limited to artists you follow.  My concern is that there may be an artist out there that I am completely oblivious to because he/she is in a genre that I rarely listen to.  Look, I'm a music whore.  So, the more new artists I am exposed to, the happier I will be.

Currently, I find new music by going to website's like Amoeba Records and checking their suggestions.  Or, some random music site or Soundcloud.  I just want to be inundated with new music.  If it helps, maybe there can be search options in this section.  Not just, performing searches using the title of a song or name of an artist, but also release date, or most popular to less popular (and vice versa), for the Spotify listener who's into obscure artists, like myself.

bzero

How long do we have to wait for this? 

Isn't it an obvious feature? 

It's a shame that we can not give multiple kudos to a certain idea.

takkischitt

Is this ever going to happen? It's really annoying that I cant easily find new releases by the artists I follow while on the Android mobile app. On the desktop, you get a stream of new releases in the notifications section, albeit incomplete stream as there are releases which appear to be missed, but on Android app, you only get a stream of what friends are doing, etc.

Please update/implement/fix.

Phyla

Need this!

ROAD5

Still nothing yet?!?!?!?!?! External app works well in the meantime. 

Cliffstevens

I would also add to this EXCELLENT idea the following, if not already addressed elsewhere:

• include a forward-looking section of new releases so we can know what's coming down the pike in the weeks/months ahead, like what is available here in the upcoming section:  http://www.newreleasesnow.com
  • In addition to the new section of new releases by artists we follow, have another section that is new releases by artists you'd recommend based on artists in our library and who we follow.
  • and yes, please visually distinguish between full album releases and singles or eps...such a huge letdown to click on what you think is a new full album by your fave artist only to see it's just a single.

Thank you!  So looking forward to implementation of this great idea by @MattSuda

synthecypher

This is so much better I can actually see the new releases from my followed artists all in one place.

Why is this not a thing?

Gmagik103

Spotify was not putting some of the releases in my announcements section and now for over a week, it is not showing anything released on spotify.  I follow many artists and normally had 5-10 pop up per day.  Any ideas where I can go or how I can get this fixed?