Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments
pcc

I have also notice the notification bell is now gone from my mobile app.  I swear the Spotify developers are the absolute worst developers on the planet.

HowlinSammy

So, Not long ago on the PC app there was a "Browse" button that I could use to get to a list of new releases from artists that I like. This was updated every Friday. It was useful to me. Then you removed the "Browse" button all together but the new releases section is on my "Home" screen. Fine I can deal with that. Now it's not on my "Home" screen at all. wth? You keep changing everything for the worse. Why? Do you want to lose me as a customer? You're about to.

darchy

The desktop version of Spotify has a  'New Releases' section. This is great. The problem is that it does not show all the new releases for the artists I follow.

The mobile version of Spotify will randomly pop up with a new releases but this is not something I have any control over.

It would just be nice to listen to ALL the new releases without missing out on tracks due to bad UI.

Yvan2105

I see that now we see some newest music from artists that we follow but it’s just from one artist and if we listen that song, it dissapears. We need option that we can tap on New artists releases (on home screen of Spotify) and that than we can see the list by the date of release and can filter it,… This is iPhone, I’m not sute if Android useres have this option?

ÆDEOLA

8774F12B-DB85-48BF-A5AF-44F480D35D79.png

It seems yet another solution has been added to Spotify. All though, I’m pretty sure it will disappear after a week or so.

MateusM

Hey @ÆDEOLA! This new section was announced publicly in this post, so it won't disappear like a common a/b test. It's a new way to discover content released from artists you follow or based on your taste.

d-roam

Wow, it shows ONE, randomly-chosen new release... amazing, that’s so incredibly helpful...

(In case it wasn’t obvious, that was sarcasm.)

How bout a feed that actually shows ALL releases from the artists you follow? How much more useful would THAT be?

What a waste of space.

MateusM

Hey everyone, check it out this new announcement about the new What's New Feed. That's awesome! 🙂

ÆDEOLA
That’s great. Thank you for sharing that!
d-roam

That’s awesome!! So it wasn’t just an a/b test that got pulled. Such great news! Thanks for sharing, Mateus. 
I don’t see the bell icon back in my Spotify yet, so I assume it’s an incremental rollout. Will be eagerly awaiting it. A million thanks to Spotify for finally hearing us on this one and implementing it as it was asked for, showing only and all music from artists we follow, no extra “algorithm” clutter. I can’t wait to start checking the What’s New feed every day again.