Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments
baoutch

Money make things work.

My hypothesis is that Spotify charges big bucks to music majors to push their **bleep** up front. That's probably why they don't want you to stay focused on what you really like. They need ways to force that **bleep** up your head.

And again, release radar is **bleep**. It's random stuffs of artists I don't even follow. I don't see the point. It really upsets me not beeing able to browse new releases from my favourite artists.

I think I'll give apple music a try. There's a 3 month free stuff offer. And guess what : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208146

Yeah that's right. "You can get notifications when your top artists release new music"

How crazy is that...

Beefest

Would still love to have this feature. I think it's pretty awkward for spotify to have a calendar for concerts of the artists I follow that will perform in my country (love this feature btw) but not for album releases of those artists. You'd think the priorities are different for a music player. 

bzero

Dear Spotify,

we paying customers just want to see a list of ALL releases of ALL followed artists sorted by release date on Spotify (not the release date of the actual record). 

Some of us might be happy with the Release Radar, I'm definitely NOT. I don't want to miss any publication of any of my followed artist, hence I really miss this feature and I don't know why you struggle so much of implementing it.

Please rediscuss now and bring it in 2018!!

Thanks.

talishka

Im gonna unsuscribe this post because this is a **bleep**in waste of time and im tired of waiting a serious response.

I know we're all waiting for the same, i'm with you spotifiers.

Davidellenbogen

I hope a Spotify competitor comes out soon to put them out of business. Spotify is a rotten, degenerate, lazy and over hired company. These echo chamber community forums are proof they do not give a rats **bleep** about us. Over hired with mouth breathing automaton robots that make more money than us and do absolutely nothing a computer or monkey couldn't do

baoutch

The point you're ommiting is that this functionnality existed before, was great, and was removed.

You cannot do that ever in app design or you will get anger from your user. This is what happens here.

And Spotify is way bigger than Apple and M$ regarding music streaming (76M users in the US vs 36 or so for Apple). So I don't see the point. Ofc spotify is technically very very good but if your users are angry there is probably a reason. Telling ppl "be happy and move on" is usually not a way to address that in the software dev industry. 

phongkrishna

This has still not been implimented. You have to think, that if there are multiple third party apps popping up which fill in this feature, maybe we missed something big? This is a must have feature, I am reall surprised that it's not in place after all this time.

By the way, what is the point of following an artist if I can't get a feed of new releases from the artists I follow?

bolaberslngsnot

There are new albums and singles released by artists I follow that never show up in the Release Radar playlist. If Swarm can grab new releases I care about, why can't you? I have no interest in most of the new releases shown. I have been a subscriber since day 1 in the US. This, and the desktop EQ issue have been posted over and over, yet no one seems to want to do anything about it. 

Maybe it's time to partner with Swarm to integrate it into Spotify. They seem to know how to accomplish this seemingly simple aggregation. 

Please give your deveopers the time and resources they need to impliment this change. Your customers want it, and there is plenty of competion out there in the streaming wars that offer this and the desktop EQ.

MyKill

The lack of this feature is going to keep me from switching from Google Play Music.

I'm from South Africa and Spotify was made available here this week. I signed up, activated premium and aggressively started following all the same artists I have on GPM. Today it's "New Release Friday", and GPM nicely shows me recommended new releases based on artists I like. Spotify on the other hand shows me nothing of the sort, and I have no notifications, push or email, for these followed artist. If I browse to the artist on Spotify I can see the new releases are there, but how am I supposed to know that there are new releases for followed artists?

The new release page has ALL NEW RELEASES, and it's not even ordered in such a way that my followed artists appear first. I don't even have this "Release Radar" playlist which is mentioned in a response here. I actually like Spotify - the interface is nice. I'm a sucker for dark-themed interfaces.navigation is pretty good as well, but I just hate not knowing when there are new releases.

dhuggweb
i hear you!!!

i havent had but 3 songs that i have selected in the last 2 months from the "release radar" so called suggestions. its obvious, the dude who is responsible for the new release section must be the owners son!!!! just saying....