[Discover] New Release Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. 

For a third party solution check out http://app.swarm.fm 

(PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

This new section would update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

Screenshot from swarm.fm:

newreleases.jpg

The Release Radar playlist is not acceptable!

The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

New release emails and in app notifications are no longer offered

Right now you can follow artists and get emails when a new album comes out, but these emails can be very unreliable and easily missed if you get lots of them spamming your email.

I would compare the current situation as Twitter allowing you to follow people on Twitter, but they do not have a feed to see all of the tweets. Instead you have to individually go to each person's profile to see their tweets with the option of getting the tweets sent to your email. See how silly it sounds?

It would work in addition to new release emails. (you can always turn off new release emails in your account settings and just use this new section)

Updated on 2017-10-31

Hey folks, this idea received quite a few votes in the last year so we wanted to update you all again. The status on this is still 'Not Right Now' as our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems. 

At the moment we don't have plans to build a New Releases section just for your artists on our Home page. Should anything change we will update this idea again. Thanks!

Comments
Davidellenbogen

dont you just love how Spotify adds new features while taking away perfectly good ones, and breaking others? It almost feels like they are trolling but who would expect any less from a bunch of trust fund Silicon Valley mouth breathers with their political opinions tattooed to their foreheads. At the end of the day its about money to them and they make more money by taking away control from the end user and create frivelous, useless positions in the company with their wet brain friends joining the sycophant echo chamber party. On behalf of everyone here, **bleep** you Spotify

eddieers
Visitor

I love that idea, actually Im a bit disappointed that they haven't thought about this already.

rwcoyote

They do need a seprate interface between singels and albums as well... they are all lumped together in the relase radar... 

eduardogfma

we’re giving you a weekly selection sof the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist

Why should users (and specially premium ones) be treated as children? We are all perfectly capable of knowing what we want! Just present us a list of albums and we will choose which ones to listen to. Your service is based on this principle! It is bothersome to have to constantly follow dozens of artists just to know if they released an album or not. I spend hours a week checking artists' social media, because Spotify's "New releases for you" usually does not present all realeses. Those hours could have been used on Spotify, instead of being wasted on Facebook and Google services.

fbracht
Regular

It's unthinkable that this is not a thing. It's unreasonable that this idea is in "Not Right Now" status. It's borderline disrespectful to propose that Release Radar is even close to matching this functionality. 

I wish Spotify would have real competition. At this point I almost want Apple Music to crush Spotify — and I don't really Apple Music. 

rwcoyote

It baffles me that there is no way of seperating new singles from new albums. To find new album relases i have to go other sites, like amazon to see whats new... and then find it on spotify. to do it through the radar i have to click on each song and click on album... that usually leads me to... nothing... as its just a new song... not an album! Really frustrating!! 

nordend

@eduardogfma wrote:

we’re giving you a weekly selection sof the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist

Why should users (and specially premium ones) be treated as children? We are all perfectly capable of knowing what we want! Just present us a list of albums and we will choose which ones to listen to. Your service is based on this principle! It is bothersome to have to constantly follow dozens of artists just to know if they released an album or not. I spend hours a week checking artists' social media, because Spotify's "New releases for you" usually does not present all realeses. Those hours could have been used on Spotify, instead of being wasted on Facebook and Google services.

Because that would make (New Release) Playlists obselete and Spotify sells Playlist placements to Music Labels.  

rwcoyote

@nordend wrote:

@eduardogfma wrote:

Because that would make (New Release) Playlists obselete and Spotify sells Playlist placements to Music Labels.  

YESSSS! i have the same issue... i just want to find new albums... not just from those i follow, but other as well. I find it tiresome that spotify dont have a new albums section and, a new singles section. It would seem obvous! 

colanutnm
Casual Listener

I would even be ok with prioritizing or highlighting new releases by artists I follow (you have this data, right?) in the New Releases section. I rarely see anything of value in there.

Release Radar rarely lets me know when a new album by an artist I listent is out. For some reason it prioritized an artists I listed to once or twice, a few years back (stop recommending me Fat Boy Slim!) instead of ones I listen to a lot (you have this data, right? uses it for something helpful).

nordend

Spotify Playlists are 99,99% trash and only good for people who dont want think aboutwhat they're are listening to - its substitute for radio - not a service for music enthusiast anymore. 

I am browsing new music on Soundcloud because their activity-feed is based on artists I follow and then have to go back to Spotify and find the same song manually on spotify. Not a very customer centric and a bad UX.