Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists INSTEAD of Release Radar Playlist

This is a follow-up to this idea: New Releases Section for Followed Artists by @MattSuda.

While the original idea currently has over 1,300 votes, Spotify's answer was that the Release Radar playlist meets the need presented. I don't think this is true, and I have doubts that the +1,000 people who voted do, either.

So this new idea is an attempt to gauge the level of support for a true New Releases from Followed Artists section in spite of the existence of the new Release Radar playlist.

We want a feed that:

• Shows new releases ONLY from the artists we follow, and shows ALL new releases from the artists we follow
  • Shows releases neatly in chronological order, with clear headings showing the full release date (day, month, and year)
  • Neatly presents new releases in the form they were released (i.e., EP's and Albums are shown as such rather than as a list of all songs within them -- or make this a toggle option)
  • Goes back in time as far as possible (preferably all time, to show all releases from our Followed Artists in chronological order)
  • Clearly indicates which releases are new to us since our last visit
  • Has a number badge on the button for the section that tells us if there are new releases since our last visit, and how many
  • Not crucial but nice to have: Can be filtered by time frame, artist, release type (album, EP, single), country, genre, etc.

Updated on 2020-06-26

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this newly presented idea.
We're setting this to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

We'll continue passing your feedback along to the right teams too.
Thanks

Comments
taylornapolsky

FYI for everybody: they pretty much gave us this, I think. I'm on iPhone 8, so I don't know about Android, and I don't know about anything besides iPhone 8. 

Anyway, go to Search, then down to Discover; then scroll a little bit down to "New releases for you"; look through that; I've gone through it pretty carefully and I'd say 87% of the releases in that section are artists I follow. 

Naturally, there are many artists I follow and maybe (likely??) a bunch of them put singles or projects out that are not in this section; I'd have to go through each artist I follow to check on that..and that seems time consuming. 

I don't know if anyone has found this feature, or what? Because I haven't seen it mentioned on here. What do you all think?

paroxysml_

I would appreciate a dedicated section to new releases, in chronological order, by artists that I follow. I would prefer this over the current Release Radar playlist. The release radar is mimicked by the discover tab which contributes suggestions for bands that are similar to my past listens. If I wanted new band suggestion i go to discover, if i want new releases i want bands that i already know.

the_train

I don't understand why spotify uses my release radar to get me to listen to bands that i do not follow, nor why I am missing out on music from bands that I DO FOLLOW. To be honest, notifications was far superior to the release radar. Your suggestion at least makes release radar fulfill its promise of keeping me aware of actual new releases from bands I want to keep tabs on.

jeroenb2020

Hi,

Please try http://spotifyradar.com/ out of hopelessness I made my own site to check for new releases of the artists you are following 🙂 

almp

Hello jeroenb2020. Thank you very much for your website www.spotifyradar.com. I use it every day since last summer and it's simple but terribly effective to check all the Spotify releases of the followed artists. Thanks again to you! 🙂

manospuppet

And of course if this gets merged with another's question they will remove all of the likes, idiots. They do as much as possible to not do anything or listen to their real community...

paroxysml_

@jeroenb2020 wrote:

Hi,

Please try http://spotifyradar.com/ out of hopelessness I made my own site to check for new releases of the artists you are following 🙂 

Thank you for developing this web app. It is awesome, especially the sorting features which save me tons of time!

Sebasty

I'd love that feature!

If it wasn't for me following my favourite labels and artists on social media, I'm pretty sure I'd miss out a lot.

I'm still sure I'm missing out.

With this feature, I'd start following my favourite artists on Spotify more actively as well. Right now there is no point in following them, since new releases still go mostly under the radar.

Icyclectic

+1. The release radar playlist is great, but I would like a more comprehensive way not to miss a single new release.

EDIT: Just tried http://www.spotifyradar.com as suggested above. It's exactly what I wanted.

Combined with the Follow All Artists tool this is just perfect.

islandbeats

Is there any alternative to spotifyradar.com?

It is not working, thanks!