Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments
jeroenb2020

For now just use my free site: http://spotifyradar.com/ . I put it together for myself because I was so fed up with it.

rwcoyote
Yeah, I already use it!! It's great!
TheBigBadPanda

"our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlist."

It literally isnt.

edwardization

I was surprised to be unable to do this given the simple logic required to implement this, even summer intern will be able to, and now I couldn't find any words to describe how a BIGGER SURPRISE it is to have this suggestion pending from 2014!!! It is now 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And guess what? I myself and many others commented in this thread kept paying for it! So do they care? 

Maybe it's time to try another service.

donburrgundy

The explanation by Spotify is just ridiculous. The only reason they wanna keep it this way is that the sponsored songs would loose their value otherwise cause people would listen to stuff they really would wanna listen to. WE DONT WANT POPULAR NEW RELEASES! IT SUCKS!

donburrgundy

Probably gonna switch services finally. Spotify been turning evil.

Plazmex8

It is almost 2022 and Spotify is now lacking so many features that others like Apple Music have that it is basically ridiculous! As a paying customer, it is very disappointing.

Hi-Fi music, Lyrics, Cloud space for local files, Albums new releases... Spotify turns down every good idea the community requests... They implement only what's cheap and easy for them to implement... 

The only thing holding me back is Spotify Connect, but maybe it's time to switch to better service...

mazzacat49

Yes please to this grand idea!
I realised a month or so ago that email notifications of new releases had stopped coming even though no change to my notification settings (no way to pinpoint when they stopped). 
Hunted down the Release Radar playlist and it is utter rubbish, too short a time frame, and all this stuff from artists I do not follow mixed in. 

Heaps of artists I follow have released tracks or albums I've have completely missed. 
This Idea is a brilliant one 🙂

SCatalinaP

Release radar playlists are not a solution. We don't need playlists, we need a list of new Albums/EPs/Singles released by our favorite artists. A little drop-down button that allows to select the time frame is highly recommended (Past 2 week, past 1-2 months, 2021, 2022)

jeroenb2020

For now just use my free site: https://blazor.spotifyradar.com/ . I put it together for myself because I was so fed up with it. I improved some features to create playlists from new releases.