Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] New Releases Section for Followed Artists

Please add a section to the desktop and mobile apps where we can see all of the new releases from the artists we follow. When artists release new music, their fans want a way to find it directly in Spotify without having to rely on social media or elsewhere away from the Spotify app. The Release Radar playlist by Spotify only shows some new releases and then it disappears a week later.

This new section would act as a "feed" and update automatically when a new album from an artist you follow is available on Spotify. Please make the feed have a high display limit so we can go back months and months and for sure won't miss any releases.

For a third party solution check out (PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT LIKE THIS)

https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app

---> Check out my guide on how to use this third party web app

Screenshot from https://spotifyreleaselist.netlify.app:

screenshot

The problem with the current "new releases" section is that it doesn't show new releases from artists you follow. It only show the most popular new releases. The only way right now to find new releases is to go to the artist's page and hunt around for the new release or use the Release Radar playlist.

The Release Radar playlist is not what we want. The problem with the Release Radar playlist is that it mixes in suggestions. I want to see followed artists ONLY. And if you check the playlist a week too late, all the songs are GONE.

We need a feed that we can scroll back months and months and months so we can see all the new releases from the artists we follow. We shouldn't have to rush through it and it be gone the next week.

Updated on 2019-10-16

Hi everyone, we've recently reviewed this idea and will keep its status as is for now.

For clarity's sake, here's the relevant section from our previous status update:

"..our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlistWith Release Radar, we’re giving you a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to you in one convenient playlist. You’ll get all of your new favorite music, without any of the effort that goes into searching for the latest gems."

Comments
Slaschnikoff

I hope they do this, this feature would be amazing.  I use this application every day, and miss so many of my folowed bands releases because the notifactions are all over the place.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

2014-12-10

Hey folks! We're marking this as a "Good Idea" now that it has reached over 100 kudos. 

We want to hear your feedback on learning about new music from the artists you love and follow. We're passing this on to the right folks and as we get updates on this we'll let you know. Thanks!

elston

I came across this thread, and decided to add to it because it's basically in the same ballpark.

The issue arises from the fact that there are a lot of new releases that aren't featured in the new release section.

I think this particular idea, artists you follow is great, but I'd love to see it expanded to artists that you would find in your discover section.  On new music Tuesday I often get my new release information from other websites, such as Any Decent Music.  Would be great if the new music was honed to your tastes in Spotify itself.

RockYourSocksxX

YES! Kudos granted. 

Frangi

Would be VERY usefull!

tapenoon

yes, yes, please. I'd love to see this implemented as the current notifications system is very unreliable (for me at least). 

eliascombarro

Same here! I am not receiving email notifications of new releases for some reason and this would be a great (and superior) solution

robot14

I'd love to have this feature.

It would also be nice if you could find a better way to draw my attention to new releases from artists I follow during regular listening sections. I pay zero attention to the user notifications menu. Why not put it in the activity bar on the right side of the window with some special highlighting? And pin it there with a dismiss button. Or repeat it in the activity bar until I click or dismiss it.

Kojoman
This is exactly what I'm looking for. It's weird it's wasn't a default feature from the start. New releases is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Ahsim

PLEASE do this. I only receive a tiny amount of notifications for new albums from followed artists.

I am missing too much good, new music!!!!