[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-04-24

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
At the moment this is a test by Spotify for a few users only, but make sure to add your kudos and comments here if you want to see it back. More info about those tests can be found here.

morchkovalski
Casual Listener

When is this test going to end? How do I opt out? And what is the point of this test anyways? Why would you even consider this being a good idea to make the feature of following artists COMPLETELY USELESS. Because that's exactly what it is right now for me and any other user who has been chosen to take part in this test. I follow well over 100 artists and now it's pointless because I'm not informed about any releases from them at all.

But you know what is the worst part? It's not even that the feature is gone. It's the absolute lack of any kind of communication from Spotify what so ever. Why don't you just tell us the point of removing the feature? Maybe we are missing something that simply needs to be explained to us? Are you looking to replace the notifications with something else that achieves the same task (of informing the user about new releases) in some other (maybe better) way? If so, then why not JUST TELL US? It's really really frustrating how you just keep removing features without explaining the reasoning behind it.

voudas27
I can't understand the reason why spotify stops the email notifications about new releases. This is unacceptable !!! Bring it back immediately! !!
grantdfy

Bring back notifications NOW.

grantdfy

Please.

temp439058

spotify don't listen to their paying users at all. time to look for an alternative people!

EclecticSteel
Music Fan

Hey people, as far as I can tell there's no need to get excited—

If you go to your settings and scroll down to "Display Options", there is a toggle for "Show announcements about new releases".  I believe that this is off by default, but it seems to me that this would fix your problems.

Pax,

ES

voudas27
The problem solved !!! I discuss the issue with spotifycares in twitter and they bring back the email notifications !!!
zacherano

Toggling the "Show Announcements about New Features" setting clearly doesn't do anything. What's the deal, Spotify? This is one of the most important parts of Spotify and has been for years and years! I've been a member since Spotify came to the US in July 2011, and Premium for three years!

xosef58

Worst idea ever. Since when external push is better that in-App push.. I like to see my notification and play the new releases right from the app.... whom ever had this idea in your development team should be send to do other work......