[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. Last year we gave a statement on these notifications over here. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Please please, bring it back.

SIgmo92

If I had been rarely on spotify and just used it to drop by at times toc heck out recent realises then the email notification would be nice. But that's not the case I enjoyed being able to check it in the app itself when it suited me. At least give us the option to chose ourself how we get our notifications

roninme
Casual Listener

What kind of logic is not having the notification? I get it, your UX team didn't understand how to properly design the feature, believing it should mimic Facebook's approach, and was poorly executed...But why have "following" as an option if your customer never receives a notification?  We pay you to have such features...Do we need to explain how this service based system works? Also, stop with the music suggestions!  Some of these playlist suck as well as some of the new release playlist.  I should have the capablity of opting out of various undesired music suggestions.  

This is a heavy rant, but it's frustrating to continually read and hear about poor design decisions, especially when I'm paying you a premium for content.  Throw this back into beta, send you're customers an email and post it on social media...Let us decide.  

user-removed
Not applicable

I dont get any notifications even  notification settings doesnt work  why ı dont get any notifications when one of my followed artist release a new song

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. Last year we gave a statement on these notifications over here. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

djsipe
Casual Listener

This whole "not right now" business is annoying and somewhat condecending.  I don't suspect Spotify really has any intention of revisiting this.  I would prefer the honesty of just coming out and saying they will not implement rather that leaving the door open to more rage comments that just stoke the fires of discontent in their user base.

Raynel10

We all want It back, how could I know when there's a new song?

MarceloAvalos
Casual Listener

It's been more than 6 weeks since I've received ANY Spotify notification.  Both push and email ones are enabled in settings, but I just don't receive any. This is ridiculous 

Barncore
Music Fan

I never have EVER gotten ANY notifications sent to my phone or email. Annoying

ATGM
Music Fan

What is really annoying for me is that I see inessential stuff added and changed all the time, yet core functions disappear and no alternatives are offered.