[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Cyberluke
Music Fan

Hm, but it only checks some blogs, not releases people are interested in. So the information is not fresh & is filtered. A lot of blogs and PR takes money to publish article for regular artists. They only write for free about big famous names, because that bring people attention. But for regular artists, this is total fail. There are artists, who are 15 or 20 years in the industry and will never do music for Sony/Warner/Universal, yet they still get paid very well on tours. You know how to type code and what is IT about, but you don't know music industry. But it's only mobile app, not possible to use on PC.

PS: There are lot of 90s big names like 2 Unlimited, Pharao...they had to change name, because labels such as Sony do not support them. It is impossible to remix their music or release anything new, because nowadays they don't own rights for their act and parent label is interested only in EDM. Please don't support this behavior.

@danwani wrote:

Wow, this discussion is still ongoing, and Spotify continue to take little to no action despite massive amounts of feedback from users?!?!  This seems to happen all too often!

For those interested in really keeping up with whats happening with the artists they love, check out MuzeRoom.  We've just released a new app which shows you music news for the artist you're currently listening to.   If you'd like to check out more, download the app today:

Available on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/app/muzeroom/id1331957823

Or on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.muzeroom

Eladp

So what's with the notifications? I just started using Spotify and even paid for premium - being able to get notified when any of the bands I love releases new material was one of the key features that conviced me to switch!

But what's the point of following artists if you don't get any notifications about them? Seriously, what am I missing? Why is there even a button if it doesn't do anything? That's just poor UX

Plazmex8
Casual Listener

Why Spotify, Why?

In the last few years, Spotify stripped its service from all the good features that we actually used!

Lyrics, notifications, Unlimited Play queue to name a few!

What's next? Removing playlists so we can only listen to music Spotify wants us to listen to?

Or maybe the play/pause so we can only listen non stop without pausing? 

This is getting ridiculous... And we actually paying for THIS!

I say we start "removing" our paid subscriptions in masses and ONLY then they will start adding back useful features cuz they'll start losing money!

fishko17
Regular

It's a simple KEY feature. Please for God's sake just bring it back.

It give no meaning to follow an artist if you're not gonna notify me their updates IN-APP!

lilpil111
Music Fan

Why is this a ‘not right now’ Spotify really doesn’t take in the best of ideas :face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes:

nate_weir

I will actually switch over to the Spotify podcast platform from iTunes if i can receive notifications when new podcasts are updated. Spotify does not do this.

roeebarak

Or at least remove these options from the Settings menu, it has been an awefully frustrating process for me to make sure that there is even a problem and that it's not only in my account.

Anamon
Roadie

I almost didn't notice, but apparently Spotify has finally removed the "Follow" button on artist pages. Followed artists have been moved to the Artists section of the Library.

Following artists has been a pretty pointless feature ever since notifications were removed. The only thing it could still do was put artists you like in a list so you could find them more easily again.

I guess Spotify renaming the feature is (another) official confirmation that release notifications won't be coming back.

oirameuqaj

please fix this already. this is really getting ridiculous. 

Izem
Casual Listener

Make this a thing plz! That is so a basic feature. Any updates?