[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
JTX54528

Will you be bringing this one back or at least allow us a place or playlist that we can access the songs? I get the pop up notifications but sometimes i click to fast and close it on accidcent or i dismiss it for now as i am listening to another playlist and then i forget about it. Now i dont know who it was.

LaughingGravy

I agree entirely with the original poster - there is absolutely no point "following" an artist if you are not notified of additions to the artist's content.  I'm sure I used to get notifications of new releases of artists I was following but it just stopped at some point.  Now I don't know what I'm missing because I'm not some teen who has time to follow the music news on a daily basis.

In fact, despite having every notification checkbox ticked except the "concert notifications" one, I haven't had an email from Spotify in months about anything.

Sneha_idk
Casual Listener

Yes!! This is a great idea becuase it makes discovering new music so much easier. it feels like a music social media where you get notifications when the artist you follow drops new music.

This also makes "following" artists actually useful, because as of now it does nothing (atleast that i know of).

zikabuk
Music Fan

And what's infuriating is that the option is still in the settings. But for me, notifications never worked even when I'd turn them on and remove Spotify from battery saving options.

So I don't understand the notifications settings tab...