[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. Last year we gave a statement on these notifications over here. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
yellowpills
Casual Listener

I'm very frustrated this is gone. It has always been inconsistely implemented - I could see them from within the desktop app, but could only see them in my phone notifications on the iPhone, not within the app itself.

I have no idea why this would be removed, it is one of the most useful, critical features on the app. Please bring back, and make it work consistently across platforms!

pepeh

I thought it was a bug, I see it appearing when the desktop app is loading, but it disappears quickly.

If this is a test you must at least tell us clearly.

I like to test new features, but I don't want good old useful features to be deleted.

I don't listen to mainstream music so this is nearly my only way to be notified.

WE WANT IT BACK!!!

rickdrawsthings

Seems like a very silly thing to test out removing... clearly it's one of the most valuable aspects of the app. Bring it back, Spotify! 

Redondance

I'm a part of the "group test" notifications on the client are very usefull, I still don't understand why you delete features without any replacement solution...

SO, I want it back like the most of the people, I use the web player to have it but still not the best way... If it doesnt come back i'll try some other music service, I need to know what's new for the artists I follow...

be receptive to us ;)

loco
Music Fan

I want to get notified when you add more content from the artists I follow.

reszym

I also relied on the desktop alert notification and didn't realize it was gone until a friend told me about a new release from an artist I follow.  I liked how it was there for whenever I needed to reference it.  

I get way too many emails already for that notification feature to help me.

I fixed my "push" notification so that my app tells me on my phone, but I'm often not using my phone for music (and I never use it when I'm looking for new artists and trying out new music, don't know why, that's just how I work).  Trouble is, when I dismiss the notification, it's gone.  Is there a way at least to see a history of notifications so that I can reference it when I'm back at my desktop?  

I think my main problem is, I don't need to see the notification of new music as soon as it happens.  I want to be able to look at the notification and music on my terms when I have a chance to actually look at it.  App notifications are great when there's something exciting happening and you should interrupt your day for it. This is not true for new music for me.  

Gig Goer

IT'S BACK GUYS, I'M HAPPY :D

pepeh

Yes, it's back now, thank you spotify team for positive reaction.

PhilSchwarzmann

w00t!  It's back!  

vlimao
Roadie

The in-app notifications bell is gone again.