[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Gig Goer

IT'S BACK GUYS, I'M HAPPY :D

xosef58

Worst idea ever. Since when external push is better that in-App push.. I like to see my notification and play the new releases right from the app.... whom ever had this idea in your development team should be send to do other work......

xosef58

Here is how Spotify response to the issue:

If this link doesn't work:

Log on to The Spotify Community.
Click My Profile.
Click the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
Change your settings and click Save Changes.
Thanks for being a The Spotify Community member.

Your The Spotify Community Team

Giving me instructions to turn external notification does not compensate for the feature loss in the Desktop App.

This is not an acceptable solution!!!

jpoquelin

Same complaint as everyone here. I've decided to start paying for the Premium service because I really liked the in-app notifications everytime any artist I've followed release a new track, album or else. 
I can't quite frankly understand why they decided to erase that feature. That was the core of the service. Is it that Spotify does not want us to hear the music we like, but the music they want us to hear? I can't simply understand it. I will give it a few more days and then go with other service. I don't want to pay for something that is useless to me.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Cyberluke
Music Fan

So many votes and this feature still not working? I found a forum post from 2014 and they say it was working.

user-removed
Not applicable

I listen to almost no one who gets advertising in my country. This would make an enormous difference to me.

waeveydave
Roadie

darn didnt even realised they actually removed it, i just thought it was something up with my phone. yeah, bring this back please

boderoum

My god... This public answer from Spotify... What a lack of communication and transparency that inevitably leads us to geniualy believe that we're being fooled.

Why can I still follow artists if I get nothing in return? This "click" is pointless!! 

Pointless for me, at least. Spotify, you are the only ones wo are profitting this click.

Every new artist I follow is a more reliable way to fill your data funnel and to interfere with my tastes. 

I don't mind that you recommend new stuff. I rather like it actually. 

But you are missing one essential point about your user base here. We love music and we don't consider music like mathematics or data. Waves are not sufficient. Sounds, words, voices, innovative minds: all those things are linked to musicians, artists. Your users want to follow artists who make music. When I discover new music, it always start with a song; it always leads me to an artist. And when I have discovered and liked an artist, I want to know more about him/her/them, see how they evolve, listen to their new stuff. 

You are misunderstanding the game. You are misunderstanding a lot of your users. 

Worse than that, you are not giving them a single sincere answer, or even one that is merely acceptable.

It's been 8 or 9 years that I've been a premium user.

This attribute you might answer is a"detail" but it reveals the way you think about music and how you treat your users. This sincerely destroys the image I had of the service. 

I am quite sorry to having read a few pages of complaints on this topic and end-up on this outrageous answer of yours.

Z3us
Music Fan
Fantastic response !

I agree nice to discover new stuff but what’s the point if I am not told about New songs/albums from artists I actively follow. That notification for me is where the benefit of Spotify USED to be.

I still don’t understand removing such a fantastic feature. It worked and was not buggy at all. And don’t drone on about email settings. If email worked it should mail me multiple times a week where I maybe get one. With like 3/4 suggestions for new content.