[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2017-06-13

Hey everyone. Last year we gave a statement on these notifications over here. This idea status is still "Not Right . Now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

We'll come back to this idea if there are any updates/ changes around this. Of course it is still open for your feedback which we're continuing to bring back to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
oirameuqaj

please fix this already. this is really getting ridiculous. 

Izem
Casual Listener

Make this a thing plz! That is so a basic feature. Any updates?

Deryxel

Still nothing after 2 years? Come on, bring back that feature, please!

gudni77
Casual Listener

Spotify, why isnt this a thing? What exactly is the point of following artists if it doesnt do anything? Please enlighten me, from a design point of view... why is the “follow” button there if not to get notifications from the artist’s page? 

manseb45

Domagam się niezwłocznego przywrócenia powiadamiania o wszystkich nowych utworach danego artysty za pomocą wiadomości e-mail.

captainariyan

It is truly dissapointing. Spotify have been absolutley pathetic in giving a clear reason for removing this. From any user's perspective, there is no donwside to the email notifictaion system. If users did not want these emails, they can simply opt out in settings. This was absolutely amazing when it was on Spotify and a life saver. The release radar is also terrible as per above. It refreshes each week, losing information on releases from the previos week if you did't have the chance to scroll through it. It also adds in suggested songs from artists I have not listened to for 3 years! Worst of all, it does not even show all the releases from all myl followed artists that week as I later I find myself fustrated to see a favourite artist's release a few weeks later on their page. Its simply unacceptable that spotify also does this with no communication to their users on why and carelessly put a 'Not right now' stamp on every request. Truly dissapointed.

oliveredl
Music Fan

Lets go Spotify...bring it back!

hynzla

@meahtenoha

"our teams feel this is currently fulfilled by our Release Radar playlist"

the release radar playlist doesn't fulfill this need. spotify prefers users to find new music via playlists because you can better control what we listen to. otherwise, this feature would have long been standard.