Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-01-12

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

LittleSun
Haha, that's a food idea. I would use this feature
CPY_DJLindseyW

Love this idea! A shuffle button that pulls from all playlists. I need this for driving in the car!

AngeloMerte

So it picks a random song from the whole Spotify library? That's a cool idea, I need this function 😃

PHISCHY

Exactly. Like the one marked previous idea somebody had in 2012 (or so). You press the button and you have no clue what song will come, you don't know which genre/categorie. You will learn a lot of different songs you might never explore, those you don't like, you just skip. I'd love to have that function. Even looking in a specific genre is hard on Spotify, because you will only find the popular artists, or probably some newcomers. Some genres you don't even find, or I didn't find on Spotify, although they exist. So you would have to search very detailed, but the problem with genres you don't know about is, that you will only find the big artists. This button should be fine for people who just want to try out new things and who are openmindet and tolerant to all types of music.

Add - last uploaded songs Spotify Library to listen and discover new music
bjdprivate
I totally support this request.
Sarah-Osb

A 'mid level' option to shuffle from all of your own playlists would be great too (if it doesn't already exist!).

calldown89

This option with a filter on some choosable genres would be nice! 🙂

olli408

This was possible until about a year ago. You could add all playlists to a "my music" folder, and just shuffle that one. Now however, you can't click on a playlist and view the songs as if the were in the same playlist.

I really miss the possibility to click on the "my music" folder, and just press e.g. "ent" to get to "enter sandman". Because I knew that the song was in one of my playlists, choosing the top folder would guarantee that i would find the song. Now i have to either search through all of spotify's songs, or try to remember the correct playlist.

Sorry if this went a bit off topic. please give kudos to bring listview back: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-tracklist-view-of-Playlist-Folders/id...