Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
kasun32

I'd totally use this feature 🙂 will help people to discover never heard music 🙂

TMBO

Great idea! 🙂

I hope Spotify will add this feature soon ! 

Would like to see a Random button implemented as well! Meanwhile, i have to make do with Forgotify and <http://randomsong.artofcoding.nl>. Please Spotify team, make this happen.

izarog

what's the status on this?

Excellent idea, I would really love this!

dannysanchez

This is an awesome idea, and it's come up many times. Spotify, LET'S DO IT!

Make the feature random so that it pulls across all of Spotify, not just one's own playlists. I want to be surprised. I do like the idea of filtering out audiobooks or even certain genres. But don't let the genre thing slow development down!

Svin83

I love this idea, but it looks like we didn't all interpret this idea the same way!

The way I read the idea is that this should not be about playlists! This should be about discovering new music, and you don't discover new music in your own playlists...

I would want this to be just a "different" play button that just does one thing: Gets RANDOM tracks, one at a time, from the ENTIRE Spotify library. No playlist, no "up-next" no nothing... Just random play... The "Previous/Back" button should of course go back so you can play songs again, see artist and track name, or add to playlist... The "Next/Skip" button should just fetch a new RANDOM song...

Of course a filter (genres/years/contries/etc.) could be added as long as it doesn't gert in the way of the ability to just start a RANDOM song!!

And NO! This was never a function in Spotify as far as I can remember...

Even a large mp3 collection (>10k tracks) and Winamp can give more randomness than Spotify, and that's a real shame...

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @PHISCHY thanks for coming to the Spotify Ideas Exchange with your idea. Right now we don't have plans for an ultimate shuffle button so we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. However, we'll keep an eye on this ideas it grows and gets more votes and comments. We'll then keep passing the feedback on to the appropriate teams. 

Thanks!

Nicity

Spotify support brought me here, knew I wasn't the only one! This definitely needs to be a thing!

LifeOfBryan

I was also thinking about how I could only listen to songs I have never heard before and do that for a month or something. Having the ultimate shuffle button would be awesome