Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
ra_77

Are you saying that there is no way to hear random songs from my downloaded playlists ?

dannysanchez

@ra_77 you can just hit the shuffle button on that particular playlist. However, the shuffle feature being discussed here is a global shuffle for ALL songs on Spotify, regardless of whether they are in your playlist or not. Like a random feature for all music on Spotify.

Fakehead

I support this very much!

Rchrdnaylor
This would be so good. Sick of the same songs in every "Daily mix"
jjustinn

I want this so bad!

tpcasey7

Yes! Meant to be a pure, unbiased music discovery feature...love it. 

Lauriso

Mt God yes! I'd never get tired of this! Imagine the chaos! 💚

chriscrafte

I'm personally very excited about the prospect of a "true shuffle" or "ultimate shuffle" button. I think it's a very valuable asset to the arsenal of the modern music listening landscape.  The first group to do this is going to have a huge advantage.

Dan1991

This is a great idea

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .