Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
ReepRebew

Almost 4 Years to answer. Not bad at all.

memmo

This is a great idea!! I enter in the community also to tell this idea, and i'm happy to known that someone had the same!!!

anu777

This idea is exactly what i thought myself,  or why not recieve a whole list of totally random songs from the great musicsea of spotify! How come this doesnt already exist?

davidncpr

This would be a dream come true. The Mega-Shuffle. I’m dying to use this feature, Spotify —pleeeeease!

Rchrdnaylor

Yes, especially since it's so difficult to find new music on Spotify these days, all of my daily mixes are the same 50 songs OVER and OVER again. Pretty sure it didn't used to be like this, Spotify is now like any other radio station. It's stale and rather than get introduced to new music organically I have to actively search it out. Problem is you know they are going to say "WoW tHAnKs FoR YoUr amAAaziNg fEeDbaCk yoU'Re SO PaSSiOnATe but we're going to say NO. Again." It's futile.

EDIT - As predicted, the response from Spotify is almost exactly what I thought....

DMC8706

I have seen many posts online asking for this feature. Spotify does not have a shuffle all button where it will play from the entire spotify catalog. This is the best way to discover new artists and songs if you are not looking for a specific genre. I think this is my only real complaint with spotify.

MayorTom

I think "Play random music" feature would be awesome. It would basically work as some kind of "Discover" feature.

Random songs could be played based on:

• user's history
  • current popularity around the world
  • current popularity in user's country
  • current popularity among users of similar age
  • current popularity among users of similar taste

These are just some examples that crossed my mind, I'm sure there are more nice randomizer filters possible. User would, of course, be able to choose which randomizer he/she wants to select at any given time.

Marrekk

Totally agree, something like Apple's Music Personalized radio when you just can't decide what you want to hear so you just select this "playlist" and it will start random music! 

I just wanted to create this idea! 

Edit: I just read you want a completely random button, I would be more like discover playlist but something like Discover Daily instead of Weekly. 

I would like to pick the music you would actually like to listen so maybe random but from genres you listen to. 

But definitely great idea!

chriscrafte
I understand what you’re looking for, I’m personally wanting something fully random, not connected to any algorithm or personalized discover playlist, true shuffle across all of the music spotify has.
LnB

My suggestion is to have a shuffle button without first having to select a playlist or album, so it would shuffle ALL the songs there are on spotify. This way, one would get to know completely new songs outside ones own interest/preference. I would love to have such a button.