Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
petchingstone

I think this is a BRILLIANT idea 🙂

dominikantoni

Hey Spotify

You already said in 2019 that you liked the idea.... now so many years have passed and you are not a single step further!
That's such a shame and also annoying. Can you explain what the problem is?
After all, we are paying long-term customers who express a wish. We should REALLY discover music without always having to sit in the bubble. Unleash your potential Spotify! Please!

MaksymKobieliev

Wow, I’m quite shocked that such a

feature still does not exist in Spotify for some reason. This would be extremely useful. Really a huge shame to the Spotify team that you haven’t yet considered this for implementation 

jamesr2

So, we all know the Netflix Play Something Feature. I personally, would love to see such a thing implemented in Spotify.

Using all of the AI you already have, I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge deal to create. It could be a very colourful feature to add some life to the current UI. Also one could use Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down to tune the experience and get better songs.

Key for me: I want to hear a good mix of songs I don't have on my playlists and Songs I already know. Rather have more songs I don't know yet. 

Esgaflor

This would be an awesome feature! My buddies and I approve!

underthecraft1

Dear Spotify team,

pleeeaaaassseeee implement this feature!👉👈🥺

technicalfiddle

I would add a modification to this idea of including a "Randomness Slider". This would adjust the weighting in the content recommendation algorithm. This would allow a user to select how much weight is given to an AI-recommended song versus a psuedo-random song from the entire catalog. The slider could even be used to play songs that are as different as possible from the current song.

Effective values of the slider could range as follows:

<Similar to Current Song -- Same Genre -- Pure Random -- Different Genre -- Orthogonal to Current Song>

Marrekk

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-profile-radio/idc-p/5622602#M316593

I tried to come with this idea here.But it was closed because of this idea right here which is not really what I wanted to achieve but kinda yes.

anrikka

I would die for this option, sometimes I am really sick of all the recommendations I see on my homepage and have to quit listening any kind of music... I love exploring my "Discover Weekly" playlist but after a couple of days the excitement is gone. 

An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" would be pure serotonin

ItsMaster

It's been 5 years spotify. Just add this already