Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Please add a "Not Interested" Button

As the title suggests, it would be useful if Spotify had a "not interested" button like YouTube does for videos. I have been using Spotify for many years and still receive a lot of recommendations for playlists and podcasts that I am simply not interested in. One such example is "Learn Korean and Korean Culture" by jerry. I have no interest in learning Korean whatsoever, so it would be useful for me to remove recommendations such as these.

Updated on 2023-06-14

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: in the mobile app, it's now possible to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of your Home screen by tapping Not interested in the context menu of the cards:

Novy_0-1686755794208.png

The content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from your subfeed and won't show up again. Any other songs/albums/episodes by that artist/podcast show will also be filtered out from future recommendations.

After tapping Not interested, an Undo button will pop up at the bottom of the screen for a short time so you can revert the changes.

Keep in mind that this feature is gradually rolling out, so if you don't see the button in the context menu of the cards, we'd recommend making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify. If you're having trouble with, or have any other questions about this feature, feel free to reach out in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is always appreciated.

Comments
Stephen_

@sobekneferu i agree, additionally it doesn't feel right to give those podcasts a bad rating in an attempt to tell the algorithm i don't like them. They might be good podcasts, just not for me. As opposed to a podcast that i listen to that i think is low quality where a bad rating would be appropriate.

I listened to part of one podcast episode and now it's always at the top of my recommendations when they release a new one. I've never saved or followed that podcast and don't want to see it anymore, but here we are.

I tried following a ton of other podcasts to get it to learn that i don't want to see that one that i only listened to part of, but no, it's still there.

pixelmonk1

I'm still trying to figure out what "Get Turnt", "Bling Era", "Club Resistance" and "Joe Rogan interviews musicians" has to do with me and why is it being forced onto my home screen?  I've never listened to or would ever want to listen to this stuff. 

wth is "get turnt" anyways?   sort your stuff out, Spotify.  

Dafney

I would like to BLOCK songs or artists to never in my life hear them ever again.

2kgpcbn2562kfu1hrjhq

I would love a “not interested” button! I often get suggestions for songs, genres, and especially podcasts I may have listened to 30 seconds of and it will not leave my home page! Rather annoying when I want to see thing I actually listen to or want to listen to!!

k8houlihan

I'm very aggravated that Spotify keeps recommending podcasts that I do not follow and do not want to listen to. Stop trying to make fetch happen 🙄

Yordan
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: in the mobile app, it's now possible to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of your Home screen by tapping Not interested in the context menu of the cards:

image.png

The content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from your subfeed and won't show up again. Any other songs/albums/episodes by that artist/podcast show will also be filtered out from future recommendations.

After tapping Not interested, an Undo button will pop up at the bottom of the screen for a short time so you can revert the changes.

Updated on 6/14/2023: Keep in mind that this feature is gradually rolling out, so if you don't see the button in the context menu of the cards, we'd recommend making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify. If you're having trouble with, or have any other questions about this feature, feel free to reach out in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is always appreciated.

MrBue

That would be soooooo nice if you could finally hide the intrusive podcasts. There are already several threads calling for this feature, already several years old, but Spotify unfortunately doesn't think it's necessary to listen to its paying premium customers.

pixelmonk1

Mobile update doesn't work as shown above.  

1.  you can't hide all podcasts, period.  I mean all of them.  I don't want them.  Don't show me any.   If I try to click on one to use the "Not Interested" that feature isn't there.  I have updated the app just now.

2.  clicking on any album suggested for me, there is no option for Not Interested.

3.  Playlists I am able to tap on "Exclude from your taste profile", but that's not the same as "Not Interested", or is it?

4.   Desktop app got no love.  How are my taste profiles and not interested clicks propagated to the Desktop app if it's not updated either?

Keep trying Spotify and thanks for finally listening

MrBue

The new "no interest" function really exists, but NOT on the home page, you have to click the "Music" or "Podcasts" tabs at the top first. There you can then click on "no interest" for each individual album or podcast.

Nice that there is finally this new function, but why so hidden and not simply on the home page? Typical Spotify once again.

IMG_3590.jpegIMG_3591.jpeg

MrBue

Nobody uses those stupid tabs!!!

edit: ...and podcast episodes that are suggested to me as "episodes you're interested in", that's exactly where this "not interested" doesn't work...SPOTIFY, you just don't get it!!!!