Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Please add a "Not Interested" Button

As the title suggests, it would be useful if Spotify had a "not interested" button like YouTube does for videos. I have been using Spotify for many years and still receive a lot of recommendations for playlists and podcasts that I am simply not interested in. One such example is "Learn Korean and Korean Culture" by jerry. I have no interest in learning Korean whatsoever, so it would be useful for me to remove recommendations such as these.

Updated on 2023-06-14

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: in the mobile app, it's now possible to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of your Home screen by tapping Not interested in the context menu of the cards:

Novy_0-1686755794208.png

The content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from your subfeed and won't show up again. Any other songs/albums/episodes by that artist/podcast show will also be filtered out from future recommendations.

After tapping Not interested, an Undo button will pop up at the bottom of the screen for a short time so you can revert the changes.

Keep in mind that this feature is gradually rolling out, so if you don't see the button in the context menu of the cards, we'd recommend making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify. If you're having trouble with, or have any other questions about this feature, feel free to reach out in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is always appreciated.

Comments
jk181

Agree with all the above, the "now trending" tab on the app for ios makes this even a better issue. We pay for premium, so we shouldn't have content being pushed on us!

Thanks

Please vote for the below to bring back the original library organisation/layout before the terrible UI update!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Show-all-Artists-in-Library-not-just-follow...

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-10-24

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

iamsparky

Or the ability to provide any kind of feedback on tracks that populate our Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly, and autoplay would be great.  All other music services have the ability to provide feedback on whatever their systems suggest or automatically play.

Frogsrule

This is one of the features of Spotify that makes me most annoyed. Sometimes the Algorithm can assume to much about your listening preferences from a single listen. I was interested in hearing a very small 3 min cover of a song, but I think that the algorithm saw that I had listened to 2 songs marked as podcasts all the way through and decided that I am now extremely interested in that style of music. I also feel like so of the categories are out of place. The podcasts should not sit at the top and should be pushed lower as the majority of Spotify's listener base are not heavy listeners of podcasts, at least not on the Spotify platform.

Sw_5122

Not being able to "unlike" or delete a song from the Daily Drive/Daily Mixes leaves songs I don't like in my playlists, and the only option is to fast forward every time. It's annoying. I'd also like to be able to delete certain bands I hate (but keep showing up) altogether. It would improve the algorithm.

ObsidianZed

Obviously there are many more 'quality of life' improvements that can be made to Spotify, but this is a must-have and should be prioritized. I'm tired of seeing Joe Rogan's face on my home screen despite never listening to anything of his. I'm assuming this is a essentially a 'sponsored' post that he paid to have pushed to the front, but I don't care. 

burnSMACKER

Would love for this to be implemented. Listened to ASMR a few times before bed, but I really don't want it

recommended in my typical music recommendations. Like ever.

wikthor82

Please make this happen, Spotify.

Snapshot of my "top podcasts" today:

- an episode called "the dating game" (I'm VERY married)

- one episode in Spanish (which I don't speak)

- one in Finnish, I think (ditto)

- "Girls with goals" (not a girl, sweetie)

- "miss wanna die" - this is the doozy - I want anyone struggling with mental health to be able to remove content like this from their feed. Imagine recovering from harmful thoughts and having this on your home screen, and being unable to do anything about it.

- don't get me started on the dudes that clearly pay for exposure (*cough*Rogan*cough*Peterson*cough*)

I'm sure there are podcasts out there I could try and enjoy. But these ain't them. 

jessiejih

Second the above. I keep getting recommended podcasts by speakers that have said negative and false information about the communities I'm in and I shouldn't need to be reminded of that every time I just want to listen to music. Genuinely so tired of it. I am begging you guys, please change this.