[Discover] Remove specific Artists from Discover Page

One errant song pick and now my Discover page is contaminated with unwanted suggestions. Should be a way to tailor this page. Otherwise, I like Discover.

Updated: 2016-12-16

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We’ve passed your comments along to our developers.

Our development teams have considered the general question of how we can improve our recommendations with some extra utility. For example, its now possible to remove certain songs from the Daily Mix feature. We hope to have more updates like this in the future.  

In the meantime, you could try removing songs from Your Music to improve our recommendations. We’ll update the community when we have more information to share. 

Comments
Taylor
Community Legend

Thanks for submitting it, Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Anthony

superfree

Seriously.  How a simple ban function hasn't already been created is beyond me, but if Discovery is replacing What's New, you absolutely have to let us at least designate what we want used for recommendations and what artists/songs we do not  like.  Maybe if I haven't listend to an artist it's because I don't want to.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

To make it clear this idea requests the option to "ban" an artist so he/she stops appearing in the personal discover recommendations.

If you just want to remove certain random recommendations, check out this idea here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discovery-Allow-recommendations-to-be-removed/idi-p/40...

Elite

Thanks for submitting this.

Get this through!

, Elite.

TalnSG

Every moring the first thing I do at work is launch Spotify.   I despise the fact that I am then bombarded with recommendations for some "artists" (they are NOT musicians) who I would not give the time of day to, much less patronize what they produce.    I want to BAN them from anything to do with MY use of Spotify, because the L'il Wayne and Chris Browns of this world are not going to disappear from the scene soon enough for me.

Joe
Community Legend

I like this idea. I know that Discovery is supposed to adapt over time to our listening habits but it would be awesome if we could give it a helping hand occasionally.

blacklynx

Spotify NEEDS this! I still missing Last.fm, so please add this! I don't care what people 'in my area' listened to, I just want the music that I want!

kennethpost
Regular

I play a lot of children music for my one year old daughter, but I don't want recommendation for that music. A remove/exclude from recommendation would be great. Maybe possiblity to exclude all songs in a playlist too.

RAfacv

There are sometimes I just go into one genre out of curiosity, I'd also like to ban this recommendations,.

iangoodin

Good idea, I like Bach but not all classical etc etc