Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] See what I listened to Days, Months, Years ago

Hi Spotify team and users,

I would really enjoy if I could see what I listened to one and two years ago, or longer. I've had Spotify for over 6 years so imagine how the music taste changes.

Sometimes it's so much fun finding an old song you used to love but haven't heard for so long. Maybe you could be able to access your old Starred playlist from a year or more ago etc. Possibilities are endless!

I've spent whole nights just looking for and playing nostalgic music, and imagine how good it would be for the artists.

Hope it'll be considered!

Kind regards,
Ella

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-05-14

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

EclecticSteel

@Ella123

So, kinda like how Facebook will bring up "Memories" from some past time, intermittently?  Like, now and then Spotify could just send like, five songs and say "These songs were some of your favorites three years ago".  That would be amazing.  If that's not precisely what you were thinking, then maybe I'll make another idea-post suggesting that.

Pax,

ES

Ella123
@EclecticSteel
Yes, something like that! But instead of getting notifications about it, you could simply access your old favourite songs, or Starred songs. But it would be fun to get the notifications too. Feel free to make another idea-post if you want 🙂
Minasti_7

That is the reason why Last.Fm exist, and that's why we can connect it through spotify. Imho spotify shouldn't have this feature. The melomaniac people as me have a good control of our old songs and our favorite ones in last.fm. Only saying... Instead, we need more features to create a better experience to Last.fm, as an integrated heart to mark fav songs or a direct way for play our favorite songs of Last.Fm.

RamoneWalsh

Great idea! I am constantly searching for past favorites for that nostalgic feel.

It would also be amazing to have curated playlists based on your past favorites.

SubzeroSC

Good idea but it will never happen. Spotify has clearly not shown any interest in providing publicly the play counts etc. of what users listen to and have aleays pushed us to use the integrated Last.fm option.

ceble

Great idea, would be awesome!!

Pauly_Palooza

I don't particularly care about Last.FM. Why do I have to subscribe to another service? Spotify once had a robust history in the Que section. I was astounded by the play history it had and there were artists/songs I had forgotten that I had tried out and liked, but never wrote down. Now, it's a paltry 40-50 songs. As I often play through whole albums, that leaves me with a handful of albums in history. Implement a better history, Spotify.

tredavis

or expose this data through an API and i'll built it for you. 

mkleees

Earlier this year, I started creating a new playlist every month called "08/2016" (or whatever), and I put every great song I discover that month into that playlist. It's changed my life for the better. I just cycled back to my March playlist and have a renewed love for everything on it!