Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] See what I listened to Days, Months, Years ago

Hi Spotify team and users,

I would really enjoy if I could see what I listened to one and two years ago, or longer. I've had Spotify for over 6 years so imagine how the music taste changes.

Sometimes it's so much fun finding an old song you used to love but haven't heard for so long. Maybe you could be able to access your old Starred playlist from a year or more ago etc. Possibilities are endless!

I've spent whole nights just looking for and playing nostalgic music, and imagine how good it would be for the artists.

Hope it'll be considered!

Kind regards,
Ella

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
AdamDam

I think that this is a great idea, especially for users who don’t have a Last.fm account to scrobble their Spotify listening activity to. Sometimes I’m curious to see what I was listening to months ago, however the only way that I know how do this currently is by checking my Last.fm account, and I think it would be great if this feature was available in the Spotify app

hans-jürgen

As others have mentioned, you could scrobble your Spotify listening history to your Last.fm account which is free. The option to do this can be found in your Last.fm connected apps settings, also the Spotify Playback feature which plays any Last.fm content like your personalised radios in the Spotify desktop app (affords a Premium subscription to Spotify). See also the related FAQ about Spotify scrobbling in the new Last.fm support forum.

If you have requested your complete listening history from Spotify in your Privacy tab of your account settings, you can import this JSON file with the Last.fm Scrubbler desktop tool for Windows. The imported scrobbles will get the current date though due to Last.fm database restrictions (not older than 14 days).

The Last.fm playlist feature has been brought back as well with an option to import playlists from Spotify and export new playlists, e.g. based on your personal Last.fm radios or created from scratch which you can also use on your mobile devices with Spotify then.

Last but not least you can now add Spotify playlinks on Last.fm track pages in case they are missing, so there are a lot of options to connect both sites.

NoKohl
I agree, especially because Spotify scrobbling is only available in desktop.
hans-jürgen

@Nokohl: No, the Last.fm feature for Spotify scrobbling will work independently from the device via API, so you can scrobble with almost any Spotify app.

jabaduhhut

I'd like to be able to drill down into my past history and see what I've played via a fancy GUI, like a pie graph, that represents a year.  Around the circle I can pick quarter, month, week, or day, and view what I listened to during that time.  This would be perfect to go back and find a track or to simply re-live my feelings during that time.

Edit - it would be super cool if, while drilling down into certain times of the year, you could select a bubble like 'techno' or 'rock' that represented a genre of music during a timeframe, that way you could find music that you listened to easier.

Hannahcr

Everyone likes to reflect on the past.

Whether it’s good, bad, cringe, it’s nice to see where we were and how far we have come.

That is why we need song memories.

this would be similar to snap chat memories or Facebook memories. It would have all the songs you played on that day in year increments.

I have had Spotify premium for 5 years and I’m curious what I was listening to a year ago today and I think everyone else would be to.

(p.s I have a lot innovative ideas and open to employment)