[Discover] Set language or have lists built "By Language" for multilingual listeners

Discover Weekly used to be a good tool because I could turn it on and listen through it. Then I could pick-up good songs on-the-go (1-5 per week). 

However, since I've been listening to other languages it has become plagued with random songs. Example:

- US rock and roll song. 

- US hip hop song (... hhmmmm ok ... my bad i suppose). 

- Argentinean cumbia (... why).

- Mexican EDM (... wow). 

I may like all these songs but this is not a playlist I would ever listen to. 

I listen to:

1. English (80%)

2. Spanish (10%)

3. French (5%)

4. Other languages (5%)

Can you not make a filter for the Discover Weekly to choose a language? Or let us have 2 or 3 lists based on language? Keep it separate, it only makes sense.

Spotify closed the previous ideas with >100 votes (??????????). I don't understand. IF you're reading this and have a similar problem, VOTE so Spotify won't back out again. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Discover-Weekly-Exclude-certain-Languages/idi-p/148187...

Updated on 2018-12-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea also:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Browse-Set-language-and-country-of-content/idi-p/4592727

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea also:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Browse-Set-language-and-country-of-content/idi-p/4592727

jogama

I would love for these streaming services to give us the option to tell you *why* we disliked a song. I listen to some indonesian music in english, but seldom want to listen music in the indonesian language, even if from the same artist. Likewise, I listen to mandarin music, but don't understand the cantonese that sometimes pops up. I understand that it's harder to have your models to have more than just a binary (+1/-1) type input. But it's possible. Please let us filter by language.

misanovy

I would love that feature.

tumtum_dumdum

I listen to English (99%) and Dutch (1%) music and my discover weekly is at least half @#$% German songs. Disliking them does NOT help and its driving me crazy!

ncosm
Casual Listener

I live in a country with three national languages. Like most of my compatriots I speak only one of these three languages. For several weeks, Spotify has been putting songs from other national languages in all my playlists. They are more and more numerous despite I systematically avoid them. It seems that Spotify has completely forgotten the people in my situation in its new algorithms and it ruins my experience of radios and playlists on Spotify, including the radar of new releases.

The idea is to consider the language of the user, or at least the languages of the songs he listens to in the automatic composition of the playlists ans discovers.