[Discover Weekly] Limit Impact of Certain Playlists on Discover Weekly

I listen to sleep sounds when I go to bed at night, this has totally taken over my Discovery Weekly. Is there a way to get Spotify to focus on certain playlists to pull from for DW? My Discover Weekly was awesome until today, all that's on it now is ambient sounds - just because I listen to them when going to bed doesn't mean I want them all over my DW. Please fix!!!!!

Updated on 2018-04-23

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-23

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Casual Listener

you can have a private session so that it wont show up on your discover weekle (hope i helped!!)

Casual Listener

Hello,

I share the same concern. I actually listen to studying music outside of Spotify because I want to avoid issues like this one. But I would like to remain on the Spotify app for all of my activities! 
I see @broganland suggests going into private mode-- does this help?

Thank you,

ohyeahedgar

Casual Listener
It was suggested by Spotify to go offline mode, if that's what you meant. Apparently DW doesn't track what you listen to offline - makes sense. However, I listen to my tunes at home via Sonos and you can't connect to Sonos offline.

I'm using a different hack though. I also have Pandora, SoundCloud, and Amazon Music so I'm just streaming my Zen stuff from those sources now instead so as not to impact my DW. Should work, I guess I'll find out next Monday when DW refreshes 🙂
Casual Listener

I use a playlist to play lullabys to the kids the same way. I second this idea.

had the same problem, my whole Discover is now white noise 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey!

You can go to Private Session for playlists you don't want the algorithm to use as an influence. Scrobbling is turned off in that session, other people can't see what you're listening to (from the Friend Feed).

Offline mode works too, but you can't use Spotify Connect in this way and Free users can't use that mode either.

Hope that clears things up a bit 🙂

@Sebasty& @broganland

Very useful information. Thank you for sharing. Now, next issue is to un-train whatever lessons the Discover Weekly machine learning algorithm believes to have understood.

Personally I listen to classical music – well, music without lyrics – when I work. This is not the music that I truly care about. I, too, now get a lot suggestions for composers. I am sure that they are brilliant in their own right. I just do not want them in my feed of weekly suggestions. So how to help Discover Weekly to regain its focus? Is there some way to down-vote genres? Anything to do besides a full reset? … Is that possible?

Also, come to think of it, it could be interesting if there were some wild card parameter that could be turned on and off at leisure. For periods where listeners are feeling adventurous, it could be turned on. And for periods where listeners do not want to be challenged, said parameter is turned off. A sort of width-of-net-parameter… Just spitballing, is all… Any takers?

Casual Listener

I have the exact same issue, that only cropped up starting last week (and now sadly, this week). It was never this way over the entire time I've been using DW on Spotify. BOOST.

Just happened to me this week and it's so annoying because DW has been a dream for over a year and now it's all ambient. I have been listening to noise at night for a few months so I hope there's fix for this.