Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

The discover weekly feature is excellent, however I was disappointed yesterday to notice that last weeks playlist had disappeared. It would be great to be able to view previous discover weekly playlists. 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
swaslos

Spotify - Can this be revisited as it has been a few years?

met_anoia

Is there still really no way to view your song history on Spotify? I have several songs that I played on my Discover Weekly playlist last week, and I cannot find them anywhere. I even tried Googling the lyrics and still cannot find them. This is super disappointing, as I did attempt to download the songs last week so I would still have them, but instead it downloaded the "playlist" which has now changed because it's a new week. Those songs were great and a memory for the things I'm going through right now in my life, so it's unfortunate that I may never be able to find those songs again. Please fix this Spotify!

micromorganism

This would be a great feature to automatically implement. If not compiling an archive of previous discover weekly playlists, having a history feature to view past listening, so we could go back and save any songs from previously weeks that we forgot

loseyateefa

i discovered a simple workaround IF you have this capability.  I usually save many of the songs from my weekly list into playlists because I know it updates Monday morning.  This week had some great tunes but i forgot to compile my list on Sunday night.   My solution:   i turned off the Wi-Fi and Cellular Data on my iphone6 so it had NO internet connection.  i opened Spotify and then the Discover Weekly playlist.  I took multiple screenshots until i got all the songs captured.   (On an iphone, you press the Home Key and the Power button at the same time)  These get stored in my Photos.  I can now open Spotify on my PC, and research each song title by referring to the pictures to see if it was one of my favorites i want to keep in a new playlist.   This will take some time but it saved my list which was very important!!!!!!!    Remember to turn the Wifi and Cellular Data back on the phone.   Hope this helps someone!!!

Another way is to save the entire list as a playlist before it expires.   

finnaqua

If you want an easy way to backup the weekly playlist automatically tap the link bellow  :

https://discover-backup.com/

loseyateefa

Wow!  Thanks finnaqua for the suggestion and link.  i signed up and made a donation.   

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans right now to make viewing previous Discover Weekly playlists possible, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

pascii

What would be even easier a solution would be for Spotify to send users an email every week with the tracklisting of the Discover Weekly so even if they overwrite them there is a record of what was included on the mix.

loseyateefa

@pascii wrote:

What would be even easier a solution would be for Spotify to send users an email every week with the tracklisting of the Discover Weekly so even if they overwrite them there is a record of what was included on the mix.

Yes, it should be easy considering Spotify sends me a "promo" email every week announcing/highlighting a few artists from the Release Radar it just created.  That email has live links to the player whereas the email listing the songs/artists wouldn't even need a live link....      What a great idea.  

LucasSki

I'll add to this and hopefully I can get a response as well. I set my weekly playlists to automatically download, but when the the current playlist gets replaced by the next week's list, I now have no way of undownloading all of those songs that aren't in a playlist anymore. Can you please act on this request or look into adding a directory in everyone's library for downloaded songs?