Announcements

[Explicit] Replace with alternate clean versions

To be a fully rounded family product, the option to filter explicit content needs to automatically choose edited versions to replace the explicit content where available, rather than just skipping it.

I see that this idea has been raised before, so I'd add this to avoid it being an exact duplicate:

• The upcoming Kids app is not enough - it needs to be an option in the main app, for example to cover the use case of when playing music at family gatherings.
  • Finding alternatives on mobile is virtually impossible, still. This seems an oversight.
  • Is there an issue with the voices of families not being represented enough in the development process?

Updated on 2019-11-08

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-11-08

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Visitor

I see this has been requested a couple of times.  Never gets enough votes to stay active.  However, this is a feature that Apple Music offers and is a great feature for listeners who have younger kids OR who like the songs without the explicit content!

Visitor

You would think that this option would be implemented as standard. Not everyone wants to hear explicit language. I have young children and there are songs that I like that they also like but I have to enable the setting to block explicit language.

An option to swap for clean versions should be mandatory.

I cannot believe there are only 3 votes for this (1 is mine).

Music Fan
Seems like a basic requirement of the app to me, but I'm starting to wonder
if there aren't enough advocates for families within Spotify.
Visitor

Don't see any movement happening on this.  Ended up going back to Apple Music.  Seems like a basic option.