Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Explicit Filter

Add a button that controls whether Explicit songs are played or not.  When it is off and you're listening to an album or playlist, the explicit songs are skipped. That way you can still listen to your favorite album or playlist when more impressionable members of the family (kids / parents) are around.

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks!

It's great to hear music as the artist intended it to be heard, this means Spotify can sometimes include explicit content.

We recommend looking out for the EXPLICIT tag on any releases (E on the web player).
Note: Our explicit content tags are applied based on information we receive from rights-holders. This means we can’t guarantee all explicit content is marked as such. 

It's also now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app. It also doesn’t apply if you use Spotify Connect to play to another device. For more information on this, check out this support article.

We'll keep you up-to-date if there's anything else to share!

Thanks
Comments
Honestly can't understand why this simple fix isn't included yet. Get on with it!
MadBlackeye

Wow, 85 pages of support for this and it is still 'Under Consideration'. It would be great to have a setting to filter explicit songs. It would be even better to be able to replace those songs with the radio edit (If available) automatically.

Please change the status to 'Under Serious Consideration' at least 😉

astromd

Nearly another year has gone by since the last acknowledgement from Spoitfy when they said in May of 2014: 2014-05-23 As it's been a while since we last posted, we want to let you know we're still here and taking note of the kudos/ comments here. Currently this idea is still "Under Consideration". Your feedback around this desired feature is being passed on internally and we'll update this thread as soon we get any news. Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions. We always want your thoughts on Spotify!

Tell us, why should we give you our thoughts when you refust to listen to us? There are literally hundreds of people trying out other services because you won't offer this one featuer. My only guess is that you don't care about these customers. 

HebertB

What the heck! Over 2700 kudos for this post on a post that is 3 years old? Why is Spotify not fixing this?

For the last 3 years this otion is "Under consideration"? WTH??? Seriously?

savaii
  • Are you dubious that Spotify actually cares?
  • Are you disenchanted with Spotify due to their lack of communication?
  • Do you want an explicit filter?
  • Do you want to filter out edited/censored music?
  • Did you take the time to log into this (ignored) forum and post a comment?
  • Do you want a first part solution to this concern instead of a third party app?

If your answer is "Yes" to any of those questions above, please contact Spotify through social media (Twitter, Facebook etc) and make some noise about this. #PersistenceWillWin

gweilo8888

This is obviously needed / wanted by users. Make it happen, Spotify!

Malgrimes78
#ExplicitButtonPlease. Come on Spotifiers, tweet, Facebook etc. use this hash tag and let's get this trending. Spotify will care if we shout loud enough. Spotify, you should be ashamed that you are ignoring your paying customers.
savaii
Hear Hear! Let's do it.

mrsjcb

3 years and no fix? Seriously.

Klang01
This is now more needed than ever, due to the radio feature. When I create a playlist, I have a element of control about which songs I choose. However with the radio feature, I have no way In knowing what will come next, including it playing songs which include swear words.