Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Facebook] Remove Facebook from a Facebook created Account

A lot of people who initially made their account with Facebook wish to deactivate their Facebook accounts, but if they do so they will also loose access and all data they got over the years of their Spotify account, since it was created using their Facebook details. 

There should be an easy way to change your Spotify account, from a Spotify account which is tied to Facebook, to a Spotify (email only) account without deleting and creating a new Account, and especially without losing your listening history and suggestions - which is why a lot of people even use Spotify.

Updated on 2020-03-09

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here!

No worries, if your Spotify account was created using a Facebook profile that is now deactivated, you can still access it. There's more information on how to do this here

Keep in mind that doing so shouldn't affect your listening history or suggestions.

For this reason, we'll be marking this ideas as implemented.

However, if you have questions or need more help, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the related Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

i am not ok with the solution too, i don't wanna waste my time to migrate my playlist and billing account, and brother my friends to add me as fd again

also, I saved a lot of songs which I would like to keep records for when did I add them

This issue is the absolute worst thing about spotify. All other bugs or missing features that have affected me have pretty much been solved, but this is abhorrent. I'm going to have to write down my playlists and the contents of my library so I can recreate my account with the same email, just without Facebook. Ridiculous.

tlcastle

@_HoneyBee wrote:

A lot of people who initially made their account with Facebook wish to deactivate their Facebook accounts, but if they do so they will also loose access and all data they got over the years of their Spotify account, since it was created using their Facebook details. 

There should be an easy way to change your Spotify account, from a Spotify account which is tied to Facebook, to a Spotify (email only) account without deleting and creating a new Account, and especially without losing your listening history and suggestions - which is why a lot of people even use Spotify.

Absolutely agreed. I deleted Facebook for reasons that should be abundantly obvious (lack of privacy, abuse of user information, lack of security, questionable ethics) and lost years of my data THAT SHOULD BE MINE TO TRANSFER. Now I'm have to train Spotify to my tastes from scratch. The moment Apple Music has a web player I'm gone, even though I prefer Spotify.

SvenSe

Hi@All

im an sysadmin and there is a 100% possibility to match userid with new created spotify id so please make a match tool in html and we're fine. i also deleted my fcb acc, spotify works fine at all but there is the evil **bleep** on my shoulders who say "your spotify works just fine but in furtue it will search ya fb acc"...

please provide a solution as database admin i think there is a solution but commercials are in front of this chaos

have a nice day, sorry my english isnt the best.

tiddlyoggie

If I had known it would be impossible to get rid of the Spotify/Facebook link without closing the original account and creating a new one, I would have never opened my Spotify account with Facebook...  I am paying for Spotify Premium  with 2 family members linked to my account and I can't possibly ask them to lose all their playlists and music just because Spotify can't be asked to solve the problem...  With Facebook becoming a thing of the past, maybe it's time to let go?  What do you think Spotify?

Yeah this is insane. I haven't used my facebook for a long time and havnt deleted it solely because i dont want to lose my spotify. Its mind boggling this isn't a thing yet. With the rapid decrease in Facebook users over the last 2 years, this should be an obvious sign that facebook needs to be an opt out for spotify. 

With apple music release and competition rising, you would think this would be something that needs to be a priority. 

tlcastle
I hat to admit it, because I still firmly believe that our data should be ours to transfer to a new account and it is absolutely wrong of them to hold it hostage, but starting up a new account has been much less irritating than I thought it would be. Your recommended stations repopulate fairly quickly and it’s actually kind of refreshing having a clean start.

Yet again, even tough I found it less painful than expected, it is still morally and ethically repugnant of Spotify to not allow us to transfer our data to a new account when we wish to end a relationship with another, unrelated, company that they forced us to sign up with originally. For this reason they will be losing me as a customer should Apple Music ever gain a web player.
SvenSe

Thx Spotify! From now on it Works without Facebook!

Great Work!

_HoneyBee

It does? How did you manage to unlink the profiles?