[Family] Allow Family Members with a different Address

The idea is that it may be worth allowing Premium Family for outside of household or be renamed household premium... my sister who is 16 still lives with my mother and I do not but would love to share my premium with her but can not so may not do the family as only one person will benefit (who is on a competing application free with phone plan) .

Hey @Johnlebz thanks for coming to the Spotify Ideas Exchange with your feedback. Right now our Premium for Family subscription requires that you all reside at the same physical address. This is outlined in the Spotify Premium for Family Terms and Conditions

At the moment we don't have plans to change our Terms and Conditions we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. However, should anything change we will notify you all here first. This idea is still open for comments and votes. Thanks everyone.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-22

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

A family is a family no matter where everyone lives.

Johnlebz
Regular

Matt suda the terms of multi account specifies they have to live at the same address.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Johnlebz 

Sorry, I didn't make that clear enough. The comment is in support of this idea. Should not matter where everyone lives.

acarafi

I live in El Salvador, Centralamerica and I have two children living in USA and I would like to share my premium familiar, I think it might be the situation of many families

Fredho

Same idea here - I love Spotify, been premium for years, using it almost daily, and was just now considering to upgrade to Family, but... my 10 year-old daughter lives in another country, so no Spotify Family for us, no hours of listening pleasure for my daughter (at least not through Spotify)...

Rjspiceman

Agreed.  Come on Spotify, how many families have up to six people in the same household for any length of time before theyre off to college.  My kids can stay on my health plan longer than that!

Number999

I couldn't agree more ! 

pf1973

The Family account concept is a great idea.  Surely, as a family member - you have been invited from an account that is paying the higher rate. Someone still has to pay for that monthly subscription. My dad loves Spotify, but being retired he will not spend that money - so I want to add him to a family account. He is still family, not just my children and my wife. NOTE FOR SPOTIFY: how about introducing a $1 a month fee for each member NOT under the same roof?

lkoepke

My daughter lives at school, my son lives with me, my kid's mother lives in a different house, but we are all family; we even vacation together as a family. I would love to get a Family subscription to share with the members of my immediate family, but Spotify's definition of "Family" precludes that, so we stay on Spotify Free, and Spotify loses a Family subscription. Spotify's definition of family is basically that of "roommates", and a frat house of unrelated members qualifies as a Spotify "family". I understand the desire to exclude strangers and friends, as Spotify needs to be profitable. Checking physical addresses is an easy way to confirm a common location, but it ignores the realities of many families.