[Fire TV] Alexa Voice Commands for Spotify on Fire TV Stick

On the Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa, Alexa recognizes voice commands but not for Spotify.  Spotify can be used on the Fire TV Stick only through manual commands via the Fire Stick remote, mobile phone app or computer app.  It would be great if I could give my Fire TV Stick with Alexa a voice command to play music on Spotify.

Comments
Casual Listener

Agreed.  Alexa for the Amazon Echo dot recognizes voice commands for spotify, but the firestick does not.

Found this link useful: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/help/id=202013680

Please add my vote for Spotify adding this feature to the app for the Fire TV - using Spotify was one of the main reasons for getting the Fire TV in the first place - the only alternative is to start to subscribe to Amazon Prime instead of Spotify!

Other streaming apps let me speak to Alexa to choose music. Not sure I can keep Spotify if I have to type in everything instead of just asking Alexa to play something. 

I agree, Alexa needs to control spotify through the fire tv. A main reason I purchased the fire tv

Casual Listener

Didn't know this was the case 😞 hope it can be fixed  

Casual Listener

yes please!!

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-08

Marked as new idea.

I really need this feature. My TV have a great sound system optically connected to it and will be nice to ask alexa to play spotify on Fire Stick! "Alexa, play beatles on tv" - and I hope spotify will do it 😉

Casual Listener

Got tired of waiting for the fix to my Fire TV Stick.  Now using an echo dot connecting via bluetooth to a small bluetooth receiver which is plugged (Digital Optical Toslink) into my AVR.  Spotify is my default music service on my Alexa devices.  Since I had the dot already, it cost about $30 for the bluetooth receiver.  So far working nicely.

Can you pls tell me about this blutooth receiver with optical link?

Thank you !