Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Following] Shuffle Songs from followed Artists

This feature has already been suggested a few times since 2014 (maybe even before that)! 
It's a feature on iTunes since when Britney Spears was a hit (the first time)!
Winamp did it way before that (remember Winamp!?). 

It's 2018… Almost 19 and we're still unable to play songs from every artist we follow in shuffle. I don't want to (and can't even) save every song from every artist on a playlist. Who'd do that?! 

It seems like such a small thing to implement that not doing it seems almost lazy.
I KNOW you aren't lazy. Pleaaaaaase don't let me dooooown!
Thanks 🙂 

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
doscka

please now!!!!!!!! u.u

742S-03

10000 Kudo, pls implement that feature

Buteo

I couldn't agree more! Please add this feature. It would vastly improve my Spotify experience.

henriqpinheiro

Deezer have something like this, an useful “Flow” option, that mixes the followed artists and similar artists, and creates an infinite list. It’s just amazing. It’s unbelievable that Spotify cannot improve this function. 

fdecher

This is the most essential function.

Very sad that nobody cares.

😞

dragonmuk

Has this been implemented yet?

D3ft0ne

Why is this still ... an IDEA? This has been requested countless times. C'mon Spotify,  this is literally a few lines of code.

Did you lay all of your programmers off due to covid? : )

DarienBarbarian

I was told that an idea needs to be liked over 200 times for them to consider making it happen. What keeps happening is people keep making the suggestion and not liking the one that's already been made. Stupid huh? So many people have suggested this, I expressed my frustration to Spotify already about why hasn't this been done, they'd gain lot more subscribers, including myself if this was an option, did they listen? Of course not.

alexanderdeath

Spotify is getting worse and worse: we pay a premium charge but they impose podcasts on us (which are also inappropriate for children), we cannot shuffle our library or listen to all the songs of an artist ! If this continues I will switch to Apple music!

madie0126

How is this not a feature? I have not been using spotify lately because it is hard to motivate myself to listen anymore. I started shuffle playing my Liked Songs and it had me going with the changes in genre and introduction of songs I liked long ago and forgot about. Then it was like, well lets play all artists I've ever followed and there isn't that feature? 

WTH?! I'm reconsidering my spotify premium. I understand your algorithm is supposed to introduce us to new music which maybe why you are hesitant to implement this feature since it could lead to us always listening to what we know, but you are losing out on a lot of potential. After a certain point the algorithm reaches a limit where everything sounds the same and boring. The best way to refresh is to have a shuffle all artist feature. This can start new and different streams of music listening, add novelty, and improve an algorithm that is honestly getting stale.